Discussion 360 aio 5800x temps

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021

so i have 360 AIO and idle temps hover at 80-90 when i open any game instant 90 temps and starts to throttle

any hints how to fix it? re seated cooler 2 times now

with stock settings disabling pbo wont help with tempatures
and why ares cores going over 5ghz :S

i was playing a game but fans started spin so fast i had to check from core temp it showed me 112 celsius which shouldnt even be possible

any help aprreciated

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
Case is bitfenix saber
aio is silverstone 360 permafrost
Aio as intake in front and top and back as exhaust

but it idles at 80-90, games go 90 instantly now that i capped it to 90

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
Bios is latest i go do rest now thanks :) will report and on screenshot was PBO on but taking it off is no difference in tempeatures so turning it off too

installing chipset drivers temps went to 90 and clocks dropped to 500 mhz
96 temps with 90 cap :S

edit 100 celsius going to take pbo off first :S

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
quess its rip now wont boot after taking pbo off

think i found the problem when i shake my AIO tubes tempatures drop to 50-60 stop shaking jumps back to 90 hmm
ill just tape a vibrator on tubes and its fixed!

Last edited:
Bios is latest i go do rest now thanks :) will report and on screenshot was PBO on but taking it off is no difference in tempeatures so turning it off too

installing chipset drivers temps went to 90 and clocks dropped to 500 mhz
96 temps with 90 cap :S

edit 100 celsius going to take pbo off first :S

Looks like you were running PBO....

So set it to DISABLED, not AUTO. Then look down a bit further for a setting called Platform Thermal Limit and set that to 85C. That will limit boosts when temps get to the set temperature. It works pretty well, but it's not the best way to do it. The better way entails tweaking with PBO curve optimizer and EDC settings but this will at least keep temps in check so you're not worrying.

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
I flipped the radiator otherway around thermal throttle set to 85 but temps raised to 105 and computer shut Down yeh definetly looks like cooler problem

And pbo disabled bios shows pump running 3600 rpm maybe out of fluids?

Radiator is colder than room but outtake tube is Hot as <Mod Edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: drea.drechsler

larkspur

Distinguished
With a properly functioning cooler you shouldn't need to set any thermal throttle limits because it won't get that hot. I would remove the entire cooler, inspect it. Clean off the old thermal paste, reapply new paste and remount it. It's possible that you've got an air bubble or something, but you should at least confirm that it is properly mounted on the CPU.

And pbo disabled bios shows pump running 3600 rpm maybe out of fluids?
That seems a possibility but I'd imagine the pump making noises too. I'd also imagine places where it leaked out, either wet or discolored in the area.

One way to test is take the radiator out completely, to the side of the case. Hold it up with tubes down and above the CPU as you run it. If there's any liquid at all it should run cooler.

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
Yeh going to reapply 3th time ive built computers 15 years but this is a mystery other tube is cold thou so fluids are running must be problem near ihs/block

Yeh going to reapply 3th time ive built computers 15 years but this is a mystery other tube is cold thou so fluids are running must be problem near ihs/block
Make sure the bracket's on the right way as I've seen that before with other AIO's. Also that standoffs on the motherboard are the right height (kits frequently come with a few different ones for different sockets).

If it uses the clip mount brackets that come with AM4 sockets be sure those are tightened and and flush on the board.

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
That seems a possibility but I'd imagine the pump making noises too. I'd also imagine places where it leaked out, either wet or discolored in the area.

One way to test is take the radiator out completely, to the side of the case. Hold it up with tubes down and above the CPU as you run it. If there's any liquid at all it should run cooler.

Well New reaply and used the clips silver stone sent me and idling temps In Windows only 70 so looking better now i broke 1 of the clips when i built the computer so 6 months ago so made my own been working fine till 2 weeks ago idling In low 40s In the past gonna do fresh Windows install too because i see no reason my cores to run at 3ghz all the time idling hope this fixed it

Cromius

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021

So problem was my own patent clip failing me after 6 months. So what did we learn? Only use original stuff and thanks all for helping :) i bet fresh Windows install and back to cool 40s :)
Or maybe there was air bubble but shaking and threatening my aio worked

temps still jumps to 92c when gaming any good cooler suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: drea.drechsler
ti

Never done any undervolting but this keeps me under 60c In heavy games and they still run perfectly
It's normal for temps to spike when the CPU boosts with light bursty loads...which is what gaming is.

The best way to undervolt is using PBO with curve optimizer. Watch some youtube vids on how it's done. It can be simple by using a single curve for all cores. Or more complicated by finding the optimum curve for each individual core, and most complicated by tweaking with EDC to find the lowest temps while running a heavy benchmark.

Last edited: