[SOLVED] 360 White AIO

Blindeagle

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Hi looking for a decent 360mm white aio for my new build. I was leading towards using the Lian Li Galahad , However I've seen so many reports about pump failures and how the aio is dying in general on reddit, youtube and forums etc so not really sure what to go for. In my pc that i use now I've had my Kraken for about 5 years and no problems.

What im thinking is :

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX

Kraken X73

Thermaltake th360

CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360R

Phanteks Glacier One 360

After research I've found those but would be good to get an idea of what people think and what i could use. Its a shame about the Lian Li Galahad but i do not want to replace an aio after a year of using it.

My pc parts : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4cXWwc

Also i have no problems replacing the stock fans of a specif cooler for the UNI SL/AL fans as i've heard they are great but again would be great to get some ideas.

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Depends on the cpu. Figure easy math, the 13600k is @ 200w, the 13700k is @ 250w and the 13900k is @ 300w. Actual numbers are slightly different.

Now take coolers into consideration, remembering that a 1:1 ratio is going to get you 100°C, so it's beneficial to have 1.5:1 or 2:1 cooling ability vs cpu power consumption.

A 240mm aio/NH-D15 is @ 250w
A 280mm aio is @ 300w
A 360mm aio is @ 350w
A 420mm aio is @ 400w.

A heavy gaming load might see @ 70% power consumption. A stress test sees @ 100% power consumption.

So a 13600k will do just fine gaming on a 240mm/NH-D15 cooler, but will get much closer to 90's°C in a stress test. A 280mm will get slightly lower to same gaming temps but should get mid 80's in a stress test.

A 13900k will...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure there's much to be done about that; more points of failure are present compared to the alternative.
Some can keel over in under a year, others could see 8 years before they bite the dust. The mean is somewhere in the middle of that.
"Just have a backup cooler around for when trouble rears its head", is something I like to advise those new to these coolers.

Galahad: Looking around, the pump looks to be an in house design.
H150i Elite Capellix: Cool It + mandatory software(iCUE).
Kraken X73: Asetek + mandatory software(CAM).
TH360: bit of mystery, that one, as I can't find much of anything on it. It's not Asetek, that's all I got...
ML360R: Cooler Master in house.
Glacier One: Asetek.
What does the above mean? AIO/CLCs are one of two things: 1)Designed in house, and reproduced by the company's factories, or 2)Supplied to a company by another company.
What does it mean for quality? Not much, as it's hardly ever talked about, like it's confidential or something - except when crap hits the fan, like with the Apaltek-made coolers[Kraken M22, MAG+MPG Coreliquid, Fractal Lumen...].

Besides that, you're left with fans, which all those have different specs, and your personal fan curves will affect how the cooler performs.

TL;DR: Maybe go with another Kraken?

Reactions: Blindeagle

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Deepcool Castle is decent, ID Cooling is ok, there's also the Asus ROG, Corsair Capellix and a few others in white.

90% of all aios use an asetex/asetek based pump, simply due to the lock-down asetek has on pump design patents. It's generally cheaper just to use an asetek pump than try and design or go around/avoid those patents. Ppl have tried, and gotten burned.

So figuring that most pumps are basically the same, and most companies use one of the same 6 or so radiator suppliers, so those are roughly equitable, what you end up with is a difference in performance based mostly on the fans used, and a difference in longetivity due to the manufacture and coolant used. Nzxt, EK and especially Corsair have been around the longest and have the highest degree of success overall, because they've had the time and experience to work out any kinks. Newer kids on the block like Arctic and Fractal and Enermax are still finding out those kinks.

Blindeagle

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Not sure there's much to be done about that; more points of failure are present compared to the alternative.
Some can keel over in under a year, others could see 8 years before they bite the dust. The mean is somewhere in the middle of that.
"Just have a backup cooler around for when trouble rears its head", is something I like to advise those new to these coolers.

Galahad: Looking around, the pump looks to be an in house design.
H150i Elite Capellix: Cool It + mandatory software(iCUE).
Kraken X73: Asetek + mandatory software(CAM).
TH360: bit of mystery, that one, as I can't find much of anything on it. It's not Asetek, that's all I got...
ML360R: Cooler Master in house.
Glacier One: Asetek.
What does the above mean? AIO/CLCs are one of two things: 1)Designed in house, and reproduced by the company's factories, or 2)Supplied to a company by another company.
What does it mean for quality? Not much, as it's hardly ever talked about, like it's confidential or something - except when crap hits the fan, like with the Apaltek-made coolers[Kraken M22, MAG+MPG Coreliquid, Fractal Lumen...].

Besides that, you're left with fans, which all those have different specs, and your personal fan curves will affect how the cooler performs.

TL;DR: Maybe go with another Kraken?

Thanks for the info - ye i think i might just get the Kraken and maybe replace the fans

Blindeagle

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Deepcool Castle is decent, ID Cooling is ok, there's also the Asus ROG, Corsair Capellix and a few others in white.

90% of all aios use an asetex/asetek based pump, simply due to the lock-down asetek has on pump design patents. It's generally cheaper just to use an asetek pump than try and design or go around/avoid those patents. Ppl have tried, and gotten burned.

So figuring that most pumps are basically the same, and most companies use one of the same 6 or so radiator suppliers, so those are roughly equitable, what you end up with is a difference in performance based mostly on the fans used, and a difference in longetivity due to the manufacture and coolant used. Nzxt, EK and especially Corsair have been around the longest and have the highest degree of success overall, because they've had the time and experience to work out any kinks. Newer kids on the block like Arctic and Fractal and Enermax are still finding out those kinks.

Thank you for the info , was very intersting, Like you said nzxt ek and Corsair have been around the longest so might be best to go with one of there aio's. Any suggestions on one which you would use for the new 13 gen chips?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the cpu. Figure easy math, the 13600k is @ 200w, the 13700k is @ 250w and the 13900k is @ 300w. Actual numbers are slightly different.

Now take coolers into consideration, remembering that a 1:1 ratio is going to get you 100°C, so it's beneficial to have 1.5:1 or 2:1 cooling ability vs cpu power consumption.

A 280mm aio is @ 300w
A 360mm aio is @ 350w
A 420mm aio is @ 400w.

A heavy gaming load might see @ 70% power consumption. A stress test sees @ 100% power consumption.

So a 13600k will do just fine gaming on a 240mm/NH-D15 cooler, but will get much closer to 90's°C in a stress test. A 280mm will get slightly lower to same gaming temps but should get mid 80's in a stress test.

A 13900k will destroy a 240mm/NH-D15 in a stress test, thermal throttle easily, but will squeek by with gaming. A 13900k honestly needs a 420mm or full custom loop if doing anything closely related to a stress test, like all core rendering/production apps for any extended period of time.

Numbers cannot be exact, they change with the motherboard. Some reviewers tested the 13900k and got 294w, some have tested and hit 334w on a different mobo because of different auto voltage, different LLC etc, so depending on which setup is used is going to slightly change results. But not really overall affects.

Reactions: Blindeagle
Solution

Blindeagle

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013

A 280mm aio is @ 300w
A 360mm aio is @ 350w
A 420mm aio is @ 400w.

A 13900k will destroy a 240mm/NH-D15 in a stress test, thermal throttle easily, but will squeek by with gaming. A 13900k honestly needs a 420mm or full custom loop if doing anything closely related to a stress test, like all core rendering/production apps for any extended period of time.

Numbers cannot be exact, they change with the motherboard. Some reviewers tested the 13900k and got 294w, some have tested and hit 334w on a different mobo because of different auto voltage, different LLC etc, so depending on which setup is used is going to slightly change results. But not really overall affects.

Thanks for the answer i think what i will do after some research is prob go for the "Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX" and then instead of the Lian Li UNI fans just use the Corsair ML120s fans - more cables but at least its all in sync and plus i just want to set it to white and nothing less. Noise and thermals look good on the aio and hopefully should last a couple of years

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The last Corsair I had was still functioning perfectly after 6 years and my nzxt x61 went over 7 years before the fans died (yes, the fans, not the pump), so I'm a little biased in that respect. But I've been dealing with liquid cooling for 20 odd years, so I've pretty much seen it all, good and bad. It happens occasionally, but not nearly to the extent it did years back with the plastic corrugated pipes.