Question 3600 ,3600X or 3700X?

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
I have 2700X i planing to change it because i just bought 2070 Super GPU.And CPU is slowing GPU down by 10 - 11% in FPS.So my question is to buy 3600 3600X 3700X or to wait for refresh next year?

WildCard999

Titan
What resolution are you gaming at? Unless your at a lower resolution the 2700X shouldn't hold back any current GPU including the 2080 ti. If your at 1080P or less then you'll benefit more from a monitor upgrade, which will better utilize your GPU, then a better CPU.

If your using one of those "bottleneck" calculator sites...well those are just garbage and should be avoided as most of them don't account for the game no monitor resolution which makes a significant impact on CPU/GPU usage.

Reactions: RodroX
I have 2700X i planing to change it because i just bought 2070 Super GPU.And CPU is slowing GPU down by 10 - 11% in FPS.So my question is to buy 3600 3600X 3700X or to wait for refresh next year?
Wait until next year for Ryzen 4000. Upgrading the CPU now may give you a 20-25% performance boost, but next year you would be paying the same amount as now. A Ryzen 4600X or 4700X might possibly give you 40-50% performance boost over the 2700X.

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
I play an 1080p 144hz monitor but my fps is not stable .Its strageling ti keep fps stable.I didnt oc my cpu an stock.Idk my friend told me that wold be good to change CPU.To new ryzen .

The only real option is the 3700X which will give you a 10 to 15% maybe up to 20% performance at best boost in games. I think it might be worth waiting as suggested for the 4000 series which should be a big bump....on the other hand the 9700K/9900K will give you the extra FPS required right now but that would be painful in the extreme to upgrade...

Reactions: Beowolfbreko
I play an 1080p 144hz monitor but my fps is not stable .Its strageling ti keep fps stable.I didnt oc my cpu an stock.Idk my friend told me that wold be good to change CPU.To new ryzen .
When you say FPS is unstable what do you mean? What games are you playing and what are you using to monitor FPS?

Please post full system specs and include memory speed, timings and the model of the memory kit if you know them.

Reactions: RodroX

WildCard999

Titan
What memory do you have? FPS dips can be attributed to slow memory/single sticks. I did a bit of testing between 2133 & 3200 on Destiny 2 and Division 2. On Destiny 2 the difference was about 25 FPS more with the 3200, both didn't really have dips. The Division 2 on the other hand was quite different as I actually had slightly higher FPS on the 2133 however it would frequently have like 20 FPS dips and wasn't stable. At 3200 the FPS was like 5 less however the dips were rare and only a few FPS.

Reactions: RodroX and vMax

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
The only real option is the 3700X which will give you a 10 to 15% performance at best boost in games. I think it might be worth waiting as suggested for the 4000 series which should be a big bump....on the other hand the 9700K/9900K will give you the extra FPS required right now but that would be painful in the extreme to upgrade...
True 9700k and 9900k are expensive and i have to change motherbord.3700X wold be better but will wait for 2gen refresh they shold be out avgust next year.

Besides what everyone pointed out and asked, What exactly do you call FPS not stable? Can you give an example? How bad is the FPS fluactuation?, like What game are you trying?, What settings are you using ?, Do you have gsync ON/OFF?

Like do you feel the game stutter? Does it freeze for 1 second or more?

Did you made a clean install of your GPU drivers, and are you runing the lastest one from nvidia page?

Have you tried updating your BIOS, and chipset drivers (this last one from AMD webpage)?

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
Monitor : 1080p 144hz
Motherbord:x470 aorus ultra gaming
Ram:dual channel 16gb cl 15 ripjaws V gskills
GPU:Asus strix 2070 super advance edition
CPU:2700X not oc i try oc to 4.2 with nhd15 but fps is not stable.My good friend told me that CPU is stragling to support GPU.Or GPU is to powerfull for CPU.

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
Besides what everyone pointed out and asked, What exactly do you call FPS not stable? Can you give an example? How bad is the FPS fluactuation?, like What game are you trying?, What settings are you using ?, Do you have gsync ON/OFF?

Like do you feel the game stutter? Does it freeze for 1 second or more?

Did you made a clean install of your GPU drivers, and are you runing the lastest one from nvidia page?

Have you tried updating your BIOS, and chipset drivers (this last one from AMD webpage)?
I play pubg bf5 gta5 diablo3 in pubg my fps going from 86 to 190 fos constantly changing .Is that bad or not?My game dont frezz or shutter dont have gsync an this monitor its Benq 2430 1080p 144hz monitor.

WildCard999

Titan
Is the memory running at 3200? (Check in BIOS).

I wouldn't bother with a CPU overclock, revert it to stock (speed/voltage) for now until the FPS can be fixed.

When you say it's not stable, what do you mean exactly? Like is the FPS sporadic from the start or eventually gets worse?

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
Is the memory running at 3200? (Check in BIOS).

I wouldn't bother with a CPU overclock, revert it to stock (speed/voltage) for now until the FPS can be fixed.

When you say it's not stable, what do you mean exactly? Like is the FPS sporadic from the start or eventually gets worse?
Yes they are i chekted it myself and they working fine.FPS strats normal like 180 190 in pubg and when land its start to change from 86 to 190 fps nonstop idk is graphic or gpu can keep it stable idk .CPU is at stock.