[SOLVED] 3600(non x) Ryzen temp

May 9, 2020
Hello everyone I have a question.I just built a new system(haven't done this since 2012 so im a virgin again).
My specs are:
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 3600(non x)
Motherboard:prime x570-p
RAM:16 gb T-Force ddr4 @3200MHz(showed in bios as a lower MHz I think 2200 or something)
CPU cooler :Cooler master liquid LC240e rgb
Video:MSI GTX 1060 6gb
storage: ssd 500 blue western digital
PSU:750watt CX75OM fully modular by corsair(I think I can hear is doing its up and down fan speeds)

I noticed on cpuid that it could go to 79c on harder pushing games like warzone/destiny,but I did a test stream and it was at 86c.Is that normal for aio water cooling on a cpu?The reason I didn't do stock was I knew that ryzen did burn hotter,but I didn't think the cpu would reach either of those degrees with a 240mm aio radiator with 2 120mm fans on them.I thin kwith stock fan i would have had very bad results.

My Aio fans areon the inside of my case facing the back.Should i switch them around so they can pull air in from the front and shoot out the air toward the back of the case where i have another fan at?

Other than the temps the performance is great!Far better than my 9 year old 2012 machine.

Is something to high?Im not sure temps like this are great to have all the time.What can i do to get them lower?
Right now on the net its at 45-mid 50c's bouncing around.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello everyone I have a question.I just built a new system(haven't done this since 2012 so im a virgin again).
My specs are:
RAM:16 gb T-Force ddr4 @3200MHz(showed in bios as a lower MHz I think 2200 or something)
PSU:750watt CX75OM fully modular by corsair(I think I can hear is doing its up and down fan speeds)

I noticed on cpuid that it could go to 79c on harder pushing games like warzone/destiny,but I did a test stream and it was at 86c.Is that normal for aio water cooling on a cpu?The reason I didn't do stock was I knew that ryzen did burn hotter,but I didn't think the cpu...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You may need to look at your airflow (your description is not clear).

In general, front, side, and bottom fans pull cool air into your case (intake).

Top and rear fans suck hot air out of the case (exhaust).

This is true for fan orientation on AIOs as well.

kanewolf

Titan
My specs are:

I noticed on cpuid that it could go to 79c on harder pushing games like warzone/destiny,but I did a test stream and it was at 86c.Is that normal for aio water cooling on a cpu?The reason I didn't do stock was I knew that ryzen did burn hotter,but I didn't think the cpu would reach either of those degrees with a 240mm aio radiator with 2 120mm fans on them.I thin kwith stock fan i would have had very bad results.

My Aio fans areon the inside of my case facing the back.Should i switch them around so they can pull air in from the front and shoot out the air toward the back of the case where i have another fan at?

Other than the temps the performance is great!Far better than my 9 year old 2012 machine.

Is something to high?Im not sure temps like this are great to have all the time.What can i do to get them lower?
Right now on the net its at 45-mid 50c's bouncing around.
First double check your temps with RyzenMaster software. Some monitoring software incorrectly reports Ryzen temps.

Solution
May 9, 2020
Ill try that.

edit:Your ight Kane.Compaired to the cpuid I use and to RyzenMaster..ryzen master shows far lower degrees and some of the readings is 8 degrees lower than what cpuid is showing.

Last edited:

Jackshutty

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2015
What Aio you using I'm using v1 h100i with my ryzen 3600x @4.2ghz my mex temp gaming is 66c, try checking your pump and fan speed if your Aio brand has software like corsair, I had to change myn to performance to keep the temps down

Reactions: PoopAdelic

Jackshutty

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2015
I can't find any software from cooler master to change fan and pump speeds I can't only find rgb software, have a look in your bios at the fan speeds, have you used the cooler previously? And is your room temp high, I live in the North East, UK I just open the window to cool my pc hehe

May 9, 2020
I live in the southeastern us...if it gets 80 degrees F in our house we kinda feel it..well I do lol since I work out in the heat..but usually its like a cool 72-74f in our home..so as coolness goes its cool to me..if I open a window then we have problems.

Jackshutty

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2015
Ahh well I don't think that will be the issue, have to seen any reviews how the Aio actually holds up with ryzen? Also have you checked your current cpu voltage and what it should be as I remember I had to change myn because it was to high on stock settings

Jackshutty

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2015
As long as your fine with them we my 3600x is running 1.360v at 4.2ghz all core I'm pretty sure yours will be near and I have reset my bios today and my stock voltage was over 1.4 which is to much for 3.6ghz lol, find were your voltage is on your bios its could be slightly higher than it should it is a common ryzen mobo issue

Reactions: PoopAdelic