Discussion 3600(X) has shown up in UserBenchmark

WildCard999

Titan
I was looking at the performance difference between my Ryzen 2600 & 8700 and noticed the 3600(X) were in the benchmarks.
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/3940vs4040
CTo7IAG.png

Performance seems quite good.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS84L1AvODQxNDE3L29yaWdpbmFsL1RyYXZpc0tfRG9uVy1OZXh0X0hvcml6b25fR2FtaW5nLVJ5emVuX0RlZXBfRGl2ZV8wNjA5MjAxOS1wYWdlLTAxMC5qcGc=

This is what it is supposed to look like according to AMD but people believe a $200 CPU will beat a $488 CPU which is just ridiculous to me I am happy with a Ryzen 7 I think just like the i9-9900K the 3900X and 3950X are overkill which Is why I am going 3700X or 3800X you may disagree but I honestly believe anything over a 7 series is overkill UNLESS you are doing some HEAVY video editing or maybe game development or any other very tasking work loads

Yeah I just want a 7 series for future proofing as it won't be too much longer before games will need more cores just like how 16 GB of RAM has become the bare minimum when it use to be just 2 x 4 GB I don't expect the 7 series to beat the 9700K or compare exactly but I expect a decent improvement from Zen+ is all I feel the only reason to get a 9990K 3900X or 3950X is if you do something that requires ALOT of CPU power like super heavy workloads or heavy multitasking with multiple workloads at once

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
Yeah, I saw that one I am more concerned with the fact people believe the 3600(non X) will outperform the i9-9900K
The massive amounts of L3 cache available per core (especially in the case of the 6-core variants) may make it possible for some benchmarks to run almost entirely from within cache, which dramatically improves performance. We've seen this happen with Geekbench as well, which is known to benefit a lot from high memory bandwidth. These are obviously edge cases but not necessarily untrue. It simply confirms once again that many synthetic benchmarks do not represent real world performance.

One thing I noticed was that nearly every benchmark of 3rd gen Ryzen I've seen so far had a suboptimal memory configuration, running at 2133-2400 MT/s, or 4266 MT/s, which runs in 2:1 mode. There are also some very obvious problems with write throughput, which used to be Zen's strong point and is supposed to be even better for Zen 2. Are we looking at early and unoptimized BIOS versions?

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelTech