Question 3600mhz Memory, running only at 2133mhz with xmp enabled

May 20, 2019
i just bought a Tirdent Z Royal silver with 3600mhz speed and my motherboard is Aorus X470 Gaming Ultra. I set the xmp profile but i'm not sure if its running at rated speed. i tried opening command promt and run "wmic memorychip get speed" and only got 2133mhz.

Do i need to manually overclock it? Please help.

Thanks.

May 20, 2019
According to the G.Skill site the fastest RAM that is compatible with your motherboard is 3200 MHz:
https://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=54&chip=3396&model=3410
So I'd try setting the xmp to 3200 and see if that works.
You might be able to get it to OC higher using Taiphoon Burner and the Ryzen DRAM Calculator.

thanks for the reply!

When i enabled the xmp profile it just doesn't do anything. and i just figured that my bios version is behind by 4 udpates so i'm trying to update it now and i'm not sure this will fix the issue but if it doesn't do i need to manually set the timings and speed for the memory? i mean, overclock(?) it manually?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Yes I would update the BIOS but check the Gigabyte forums first and make sure the BIOS you are thinking of updating to isn't being reported as buggy.
I have an Asus MB and the 2 newest BIOS versions for my MB are not as stable for RAM OCing as the version I have.
Once you find the best BIOS for your MB and update try setting the xmp profile for 3200 MHz and see if that works.

May 20, 2019
Yes I would update the BIOS but check the Gigabyte forums first and make sure the BIOS you are thinking of updating to isn't being reported as buggy.
I have an Asus MB and the 2 newest BIOS versions for my MB are not as stable for RAM OCing as the version I have.
Once you find the best BIOS for your MB and update try setting the xmp profile for 3200 MHz and see if that works.

thanks man! really appreciate it. Will try your suggestions.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If you do end up having to use manual timings then use this:

And Google and download and run Taiphoon Burner first to get the info you need about your RAM to properly use the DRAM Calculator.