[SOLVED] 3600MHz XMP Memory only has 3200MHz XMP Profile

Apr 9, 2020
Hello,
Firstly this topic might be like a 'no brainer'. If so pardon my ignorance. I don't know much about pc parts, especially memory. Anyway here's my problem;
I bought this setup few days ago;
ASUS ROG Strix B450E - Ryzen 5 1600AF - Team Group 8x2 16GB 3600MHz Memory.
I knew my memory was XMP enabled, I looked up at BIOS but only saw 1 option in D.O.C.P. section and it was 3200MHz. Is there a way that I can take my frequency up to 3600 like my memory really is?
Link for my memory: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/teamgroup-t-force-vulcan-tuf-ddr4-3200-mhz-review,1.html

Edit: BIOS is up to date.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
I saw some Ryzen 1600 having difficulty getting 3000Mhz to stick. I'd say 2933MHz Is what you can run your 1600 at. Some people had to run theirs at 2800MHz. One thing is for sure. 3600 won't work.
I'm asking to learn;
Right now I'm using my memory at 3200MHz, do you mean they might be unstable? How can I check it? Should I underclock it to 3000MHz? If I have to how may I learn that I'm not stable at 3200MHz?
Thanks.

I'm asking to learn;
Right now I'm using my memory at 3200MHz, do you mean they might be unstable? How can I check it? Should I underclock it to 3000MHz? If I have to how may I learn that I'm not stable at 3200MHz?
Thanks.

If you're at 3200MHz right now and there is no instability. No BSOD in games, windows etc then you're fine :) When you start seeing crashing all the time, BSOD with memory fault exceptions and stuff like that it's when you ask yourself questions. If your system is running perfectly right now you're good to go :)

Reactions: EmreK
Apr 9, 2020
If you're at 3200MHz right now and there is no instability. No BSOD in games, windows etc then you're fine :) When you start seeing crashing all the time, BSOD with memory fault exceptions and stuff like that it's when you ask yourself questions. If your system is running perfectly right now you're good to go :)
So it means I'm totally stable right now. I just got curious when you said some people runs it at 2800 and offered me 3000MHz. I'll try to cut that latency a little bit I guess because 20 is much imo :D Thank you very much :)

Hello,
Firstly this topic might be like a 'no brainer'. If so pardon my ignorance. I don't know much about pc parts, especially memory. Anyway here's my problem;
I bought this setup few days ago;
ASUS ROG Strix B450E - Ryzen 5 1600AF - Team Group 8x2 16GB 3600MHz Memory.
I knew my memory was XMP enabled, I looked up at BIOS but only saw 1 option in D.O.C.P. section and it was 3200MHz. Is there a way that I can take my frequency up to 3600 like my memory really is?
Link for my memory: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/teamgroup-t-force-vulcan-tuf-ddr4-3200-mhz-review,1.html

Edit: BIOS is up to date.
That link shows that you have 3200 not 3600MHz RAM