[SOLVED] 3600X stock cooler advice.

Jun 1, 2020
Hi guys, I’ve been told that the Ryzen 3600X comes with a pretty decent stock cooler. Looked at using the this CPU with my new build and was wondering if it would hold up without a extra cooler to maybe save $100 or so to add elsewhere.

Spec;
AMD 3600X
Asus TUF gaming X570-PLUS-
Corsair Platinum 3600mhz 16gb
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb
Radeon RX 5700XT
Corsair CX650 80+ Bronze

thanks in advance.

Solution
As Countmike says - it absolutely depends on what case you use.

There are quite a few posts on here regarding unacceptable temps with ryzen stock coolers and they all have the same base issue which is they've been built in solid fronted cases with poor intake airflow and high ambient temps.

Pick a case with a mesh front is my advice if you want to use the stock cooler especially if you're in a country with ambient temps of 30c+

If you do go aftermarket then you really don't need to spend $100, My ryzen 7 has never been above 55c with a £40 fortis air cooler.
Hi guys, I’ve been told that the Ryzen 3600X comes with a pretty decent stock cooler. Looked at using the this CPU with my new build and was wondering if it would hold up without a extra cooler to maybe save $100 or so to add elsewhere.

Spec;
AMD 3600X
Asus TUF gaming X570-PLUS-
Corsair Platinum 3600mhz 16gb
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb
Radeon RX 5700XT
Corsair CX650 80+ Bronze

thanks in advance.
If mounted and connected properly in a well ventilated case, stock cooler should be enough. It can be noisy at high rpm though.

There are quite a few posts on here regarding unacceptable temps with ryzen stock coolers and they all have the same base issue which is they've been built in solid fronted cases with poor intake airflow and high ambient temps.

Pick a case with a mesh front is my advice if you want to use the stock cooler especially if you're in a country with ambient temps of 30c+

If you do go aftermarket then you really don't need to spend $100, My ryzen 7 has never been above 55c with a £40 fortis air cooler.

Reactions: Buster1990
Solution
Jun 1, 2020

Appreciate the advice mate! Maybe I’ll look into the cooler as well