Question 360mm aio question

mtracy1991

Reputable
Hello all,
I am setting up the plate brackets for my 360mm arctic cooler as per the instructions below. (See image below)
The issue is the plate to the right is sitting above the circular resistors, is this an issue or should I be fine?

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
Cooler: Arctic 360mm AIO
MOBO: TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI
resistors.png
20230106-222852.jpg
20230106-222907.jpg

mtracy1991

Reputable
Are you sure you put the bracket in the correct side. The cpu in your motherboard is mount in the more common method but it is 90 degrees off their diagram.
They show the brackets on the same side as the locking handle for the cpu
Can you link or post an image of it?

Also, first time doing this AIO setup.

I followed the instructions as per the installation steps from Arctics website.

The brackets I setup on the MOBO are for the Ryzen 3,5,7 Series offset mounting.
Should I revert to the AM4 style?

It is in the image you linked. But I don't think it will fit on the other sides since after closer looking the distance is more between the holes.
I did find a photo of a actual cooler installed on a different motherboard and it mounts exactly as you have placed the brackets.

Also it appears your motherboard is very new. Maybe it is not actually compatible but is not on the list yet.

If you place the spacers next to the caps can you tell if one is higher than the other. Best would be if the spacer was a tiny bit higher than the cap but I guess it would work it they were exactly the same just not optimum. If the cap is higher than the spacer you are not going to get good contact with the chip.

mtracy1991

Reputable
It is in the image you linked. But I don't think it will fit on the other sides since after closer looking the distance is more between the holes.
I did find a photo of a actual cooler installed on a different motherboard and it mounts exactly as you have placed the brackets.

Also it appears your motherboard is very new. Maybe it is not actually compatible but is not on the list yet.

If you place the spacers next to the caps can you tell if one is higher than the other. Best would be if the spacer was a tiny bit higher than the cap but I guess it would work it they were exactly the same just not optimum. If the cap is higher than the spacer you are not going to get good contact with the chip.

I took a stroll at the list of "incompatible boards" on Arctics page and luckily this one isn't on there. Whereas other newer boards are.
Oh I see now,
The spacers are a tiny bit higher than the caps. So this should be fine, correct?

What I saw was your board came out in nov of 2022 so it is really new.

But as long as there is any space at all you are fine. The bracket must be flush with the spacers since that is what determines the how much clearance the cooler has to the cpu chip which needs to be almost zero.

Reactions: mtracy1991