[SOLVED] 360mm Radiator or 360mm fans?

Thomasww615

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
Hey everyone,

I have a computer case that supports either 3x 120mm fans on the front or a 360mm radiator and on the top, it supports either 2x 120mm fans or a 240mm radiator. So with my i7-7700k, I was wondering in terms of keeping my system and my CPU cool would I benefit more from a 240mm radiator on the top and 3 120mm fans on the front for intake or would I benefit more with a 360mm radiator on the front and 2 120mm fans on the top?

Thanks,

Hey everyone,

I have a computer case that supports either 3x 120mm fans on the front or a 360mm radiator and on the top, it supports either 2x 120mm fans or a 240mm radiator. So with my i7-7700k, I was wondering in terms of keeping my system and my CPU cool would I benefit more from a 240mm radiator on the top and 3 120mm fans on the front for intake or would I benefit more with a 360mm radiator on the front and 2 120mm fans on the top?

Thanks,

What are you using now for a cpu cooler? Are you have temp issues?

Thomasww615

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
What are you using now for a cpu cooler? Are you have temp issues?
I am currently using an Arctic Freezer 7 air cooler for my CPU with 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan but I am getting for just normal use about 65° C average but when I play games or do things that are of high demand it averages around the high 90s which is way too high so I'm feeling that water cooling is my only option.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I am currently using an Arctic Freezer 7 air cooler for my CPU with 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan but I am getting for just normal use about 65° C average but when I play games or do things that are of high demand it averages around the high 90s which is way too high so I'm feeling that water cooling is my only option.
You had too few fans running in the chassis...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Have you cleaned the dust out of it?
Their a lot of air coolers that are much better than that one.

If you just wishing for water I would go top mounted but their just a Few C difference either way.

Thomasww615

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
Have you cleaned the dust out of it?
Their a lot of air coolers that are much better than that one.

If you just wishing for water I would go top mounted but their just a Few C difference either way.
Yes a couple of weeks ago I took my whole computer apart and dusted everything but it didn't help at all. Honestly, I'm not really sure why I'm getting such high CPU temps as the air cooler should be okay.

Ferimer

Distinguished
I don't think my case will be a problem being the Corsair 275R Airflow but yeah I'd have to check for ram however, I do only have 2 out of the 4 slots used so I think it would be okay.
I use air cooling for an OC/ed Ryzen 5 3600x. CM 212 Black Edition RGB. and i have 5 case fans and a ROG Strix RX 580 (triple fans) and it keeps everything under 60 when gaming. Are you adjusting any fan speeds when gaming? i use MSI Afterburner and have multiple profiles set up for different games

Thomasww615

Reputable
Jun 23, 2020
I use air cooling for an OC/ed Ryzen 5 3600x. CM 212 Black Edition RGB. and i have 5 case fans and a ROG Strix RX 580 (triple fans) and it keeps everything under 60 when gaming. Are you adjusting any fan speeds when gaming? i use MSI Afterburner and have multiple profiles set up for different games
No, I am not really adjusting the fan speeds so I guess I could try it.