Discussion 3700x 4.3ghz at 1.26V

Jun 26, 2020
Im running a ryzen 7 3700x at 4.3 ghz all corr with 1.26V stable. Better scores than PBO and running cooler idle and under max load. Not sure if this is a lucky chip or what.

nzxt h510i
Nzxt kraken x63
DDR4 3200mhz memory

Im running a ryzen 7 3700x at 4.3 ghz all corr with 1.26V stable. Better scores than PBO and running cooler idle and under max load. Not sure if this is a lucky chip or what.

nzxt h510i
Nzxt kraken x63
DDR4 3200mhz memory
Did you buy it recently ? Newest batches tend to be better than first ones. Mine is not stable at 4.3GHz under 1.357v as corrected by LLC5 and 140% power limit. 4.35 was a no goat under 1.45v.

Jun 26, 2020
Ya i bought it around a month ago. Not sure if i should leave the voltage around 1.25v-1.6 or bump it up a little. Max temps while running aida 64 was 77-82degrees

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I did also use cinebench R20. But i dont know if that really counts as stress testing. I got a score of 5163 on cinebench r20
The more tests you run, the better. There's 2 kinds of stress tests: thermal(cooler) and voltage.
Prime 95, Small FFT, AVX disabled - but since Ryzen doesn't discriminate with AVX like the Intel cpus do, disabling AVX does nothing
This is a thermal stability test = heavy, but consistent workload.
Make sure 'sum imputs error checking' is turned on in the options.

Cinebench R20 'Infinite Loop'
Voltage stability test = frequently fluctuating workload.
To do the infinite loop, click on File > Preferences, and in Minimum Test Duration, enter some crazy number, and click ok.
Run the test for as long as needed.

Aida64, I'm not too familiar with, except for:
Stress cpu: thermal stability, but it's rather light and not as effective as Prime 95 for this task
Stress FPU: voltage stability, but it's a tad rougher than necessary - still effective though.

Asus Realbench 2.56
Voltage stability - there's Benchmark and Stress Test. Obviously, you'd want the stress test.
You select half of your system's total memory and a duration, and click run.
While this is not quite as heavy as Cinebench R20, it's as useful as Aida64, because it's a good voltage stability test across the entire system - except storage.

Reactions: Danmo67
Jun 26, 2020
The more tests you run, the better. There's 2 kinds of stress tests: thermal(cooler) and voltage.
Prime 95, Small FFT, AVX disabled - but since Ryzen doesn't discriminate with AVX like the Intel cpus do, disabling AVX does nothing
This is a thermal stability test = heavy, but consistent workload.
Make sure 'sum imputs error checking' is turned on in the options.

Cinebench R20 'Infinite Loop'
Voltage stability test = frequently fluctuating workload.
To do the infinite loop, click on File > Preferences, and in Minimum Test Duration, enter some crazy number, and click ok.
Run the test for as long as needed.

Aida64, I'm not too familiar with, except for:
Stress cpu: thermal stability, but it's rather light and not as effective as Prime 95 for this task
Stress FPU: voltage stability, but it's a tad rougher than necessary - still effective though.

Asus Realbench 2.56
Voltage stability - there's Benchmark and Stress Test. Obviously, you'd want the stress test.
You select half of your system's total memory and a duration, and click run.
While this is not quite as heavy as Cinebench R20, it's as useful as Aida64, because it's a good voltage stability test across the entire system - except storage.

thanks ill try that out. And if im running at 4.3 all core will that decrease the life span of my cpu?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
You won the silicon lottery my friend. That is impressive OC. You ran Aida for couple hours and that is all that matters. You also ran R20 so your stable as a horse. No need to run stupid synthetic tests like Prime95 which does things to your CPU that you will never do in real life and what not. Congrats on the OC and voltage and 82c is just dandy for full load.