[SOLVED] 3700X Aftermarket CPU Cooler

TheDurbinator

Honorable
Feb 16, 2015
I currently have an ML360R but in the past couple of months the pump has started making some strange noises so it is getting returned for a refund.

I am looking at switching to Air and getting an NH-D15, I was wondering whether the temps would be alot worse than what I currently have? I was also wondering if I would see an improvement on my GPU temps as I will have 3 fans mounted to the front of my case without a big rad in the way?

Do I even need an NH-D15? Would something like a CoolerMaster 212 Evo work? I won't be overclocking, apart from maybe using PBO, and all I do on this PC is game.

Your case will have a big impact on cooling too. All the fans in the world can't do much if the case has poor airflow design and I doubt you will see much change in your CPU temps, a few degrees higher but that is all.
As for the GPU as I don't know the make or model (tri-axial/blower fans etc) of it I can't tell you if your temps will be better but a few degrees less may well be gained by being able to remove the rad.

TheDurbinator

Honorable
Feb 16, 2015
Your case will have a big impact on cooling too. All the fans in the world can't do much if the case has poor airflow design and I doubt you will see much change in your CPU temps, a few degrees higher but that is all.
As for the GPU as I don't know the make or model (tri-axial/blower fans etc) of it I can't tell you if your temps will be better but a few degrees less may well be gained by being able to remove the rad.

I have a Meshify C, as far as I'm aware it's a pretty decent case for cooling? I was planning on having 3 intake fans on the front, 1 exhaust on the back and 2 exhausts on the top? Probably overkill but I like having a cool PC.

The GPU is a Palit RTX 2080TI Dual, not the greatest 2080TI you can buy, but it does the job. It has a dual open air cooler on it (is that the right terminology?)

I have had the Noctua U14S and the Dark Rock 4 recommended to me as the D15 is probably overkill.

Thank you for your help by the way. :)