[SOLVED] 3700x at stock

ikethehero

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
I'm trying to just run my cpu at 3.6 stock but it keeps jumping. I've disabled PBO in bios but nothing seems to have changed. I'm using an ASUS x570-pro board and have windows set to balanced performance mode.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'll agree there. i got a new 3700x and figured the stock cooler would be fine. but that fan ramps up and down almost non-stop which is very annoying.

i'm looking at replacing the stock cooler as i type this. it's a decent cooler for sure, but i can't handle the fan changing speed 24/7.....

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
i'll agree there. i got a new 3700x and figured the stock cooler would be fine. but that fan ramps up and down almost non-stop which is very annoying.

i'm looking at replacing the stock cooler as i type this. it's a decent cooler for sure, but i can't handle the fan changing speed 24/7.....

What cooler are you getting?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
not sure. haven't kept up with recent releases.

but if i gonna do it, it'll most likely be 125-150w or so air so PBO can do it's thing better :) though if there's better for similar money, i'll do it for sure.

don't really want AIO so gonna stay away from water on this one

logainofhades

Titan

Are your bios, and chipset drivers up to date? There were some updates for that issue, iirc.