[SOLVED] 3700x, can I get more?

Dec 28, 2020
Asrock B550M Pro4
2x8 GB Silicon Power DDR3600
Gammaxx 400 Cooler.

PBO on, CPB auto, SMT on, voltages auto, I tightened the timings on the memory some and got it at 1.4v no errors on OCCT at 1833, it will boot and run memory and IF at 1:1 at 1866 but gets errors in OCCT. I did bust off a 5009 cinebench R20, but most are 4940-4990 range. Any ideas on trying to squeeze more or just leave it cause it's not worth it? P95 small FFTs it goes to 93c and clocks down to around 3996mhz, runs at 37.5c idle in bios

zpDIV01.jpg

Solution
Gammaxx 400 cooler, the prism was loud on high and ran a few degrees hotter. I'm coming from an i5-3570k so everything about overclocking has changed and it used to be about prime 95 small FFTs for stability but I'm gathering that isn't really applicable anymore with ryzen due to the effect of thermals on clock speed. I haven't tried any manual overclock yet and I'm not really sure it's worth it vs PBO? Temps under load depended on what was running. Prime 95 small FFTs it was hitting 93c but something like cinebench R20 was around 78, oddly I ran heaven benchmark and the cpu got to 4397mhz on one core at like 56c.
Than with that cooler and those temps your scores are even more so good. You probably have newer production CPU...
Asrock B550M Pro4
2x8 GB Silicon Power DDR3600
Gammaxx 400 Cooler.

PBO on, CPB auto, SMT on, voltages auto, I tightened the timings on the memory some and got it at 1.4v no errors on OCCT at 1833, it will boot and run memory and IF at 1:1 at 1866 but gets errors in OCCT. I did bust off a 5009 cinebench R20, but most are 4940-4990 range. Any ideas on trying to squeeze more or just leave it cause it's not worth it? P95 small FFTs it goes to 93c and clocks down to around 3996mhz, runs at 37.5c idle in bios

zpDIV01.jpg
That's about as good as it gets. You could get somewhat better multi core scores by manual OC. At 4.35GHz my CB r20 score was 5240 bu SC fell to 506 points. In either case those scores didn't make any difference and came at cost of 1.4v+.
What is your CPU cooler and what are top temps at full load. At Auto boost and PBO, temps over 70c start limiting boost, about 50MHz for every 1-2c over 70c.
Temperatures are deciding factor for boost on Ryzen and if it's hitting no more than 70c (ideally 62-65c) in work and gaming, performance is even better than benchmark scores suggest.

Dec 28, 2020
That's about as good as it gets. You could get somewhat better multi core scores by manual OC. At 4.35GHz my CB r20 score was 5240 bu SC fell to 506 points. In either case those scores didn't make any difference and came at cost of 1.4v+.
What is your CPU cooler and what are top temps at full load. At Auto boost and PBO, temps over 70c start limiting boost, about 50MHz for every 1-2c over 70c.
Temperatures are deciding factor for boost on Ryzen and if it's hitting no more than 70c (ideally 62-65c) in work and gaming, performance is even better than benchmark scores suggest.

Gammaxx 400 cooler, the prism was loud on high and ran a few degrees hotter. I'm coming from an i5-3570k so everything about overclocking has changed and it used to be about prime 95 small FFTs for stability but I'm gathering that isn't really applicable anymore with ryzen due to the effect of thermals on clock speed. I haven't tried any manual overclock yet and I'm not really sure it's worth it vs PBO? Temps under load depended on what was running. Prime 95 small FFTs it was hitting 93c but something like cinebench R20 was around 78, oddly I ran heaven benchmark and the cpu got to 4397mhz on one core at like 56c.

Than with that cooler and those temps your scores are even more so good. You probably have newer production CPU, like mid 2020 year which are binned at Silver to Gold while my 3700x is from first batches in Bronze bin.
If you want it any better get better cooling, preferably an AIO in 240-360 range.
BTW, voltages up to 1.325v are most preferable. Considering that cooler, maybe you can try with some negative voltage offset of about -0.05 - 0.1v, that can lower temps and get even better results.

Solution
Dec 28, 2020
Than with that cooler and those temps your scores are even more so good. You probably have newer production CPU, like mid 2020 year which are binned at Silver to Gold while my 3700x is from first batches in Bronze bin.
If you want it any better get better cooling, preferably an AIO in 240-360 range.
BTW, voltages up to 1.325v are most preferable. Considering that cooler, maybe you can try with some negative voltage offset of about -0.05 - 0.1v, that can lower temps and get even better results.
I have no idea what bronze, silver, gold is, I bought it off newegg end of December. I saw an offset voltage setting somewhere in bios I'll try that

TRENDING THREADS