[SOLVED] 3700x cpu Kernel Power 41 issue

Mar 27, 2020
Hi everyone

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-de0499-1585311459.png.html

My 3700x is having really high temps and not running on normal tacting rates. This causes FPS stuttering in a lot of games and really hight temps to 90 degrees. ( with stock cooler)

My PC restarts regularly so I watched at the Event viewer, which says Kernel Power 41 issue.

Every drivers i have updated twice but it didnt help. Also the bios.

My specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x cpu

Mpg x570 gaming edge wifi

5700xt Red devil

gskill camouflage 16gb 3600mhz ram

Corsair VS 650 power supply (650w)

In the attachment you will find a screenshot of my Ryzen master in idle.

Im putting in the exact event viewer report too.

I really hope you guys can help me with that

Cheers

Protokollname: System
Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Datum: 27.03.2020 12:17:02
Ereignis-ID: 41
Aufgabenkategorie:(63)
Ebene: Kritisch
Schlüsselwörter:(70368744177664),(2)
Benutzer: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-80NKNL4
Beschreibung:
Das System wurde neu gestartet, ohne dass es zuvor ordnungsgemäß heruntergefahren wurde. Dieser Fehler kann auftreten, wenn das System nicht mehr reagiert hat oder abgestürzt ist oder die Stromzufuhr unerwartet unterbrochen wurde.
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-03-27T11:17:02.058023200Z" />
<EventRecordID>28423</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-80NKNL4</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">2</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Solution
Kernel Power 41 is just Windows telling you the PC shut down improperly...usually a system hang or crash causes that message when the system disk doesn't properly store data before shutdown.

Your issue is figuring out why the PC is randomly restarting...you're also reporting high cpu temps so I would guess one of two issues is causing your problem...either a bad power supply or more likely you have a cooling problem.

If you're sure the cpu cooler is installed properly I would suggest pulling the side panel off your computer case and directing a room fan into the case. Run the computer like that for a while and see if it still crashes...if all is good you need better case airflow.

If you're computer is still crashing with the side...
Kernel Power 41 is just Windows telling you the PC shut down improperly...usually a system hang or crash causes that message when the system disk doesn't properly store data before shutdown.

Your issue is figuring out why the PC is randomly restarting...you're also reporting high cpu temps so I would guess one of two issues is causing your problem...either a bad power supply or more likely you have a cooling problem.

If you're sure the cpu cooler is installed properly I would suggest pulling the side panel off your computer case and directing a room fan into the case. Run the computer like that for a while and see if it still crashes...if all is good you need better case airflow.

If you're computer is still crashing with the side panel off and a fan blowing into the case then I would suggest swapping the power supply out with a new one.

Solution
In addition to the above try running 4 passes of MemTest over the RAM to see if there are any errors.

I would also try using DDU to completely remove the gpu driver and then reinstall the latest driver. Ensure you use DDU to remove the old driver first.

I would also be tempted to try a fresh install of Windows just to try and rule out a software issues.

I do have doubts about your psu. Although technically it’s enough wattage it is the lowest quality psu in the Corsair range and the 5700xt is a power hog.