[SOLVED] 3700X or 9900K

|Onka|

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Hi.

I would get Ryzen 7 3700X + crosshair VII Hero for 694 euros (about 770 dollars) or
i7-9900K + XI HERO for 638 euros (about 706 dollars)

Wich one should i go for and also do you think there will be an impact on the prices during black friday ?
And should i go for another MB since i am not entirely sure if ill overclock cpu this time.

Wich motherboards would you recommend ?

Solution
Ok, because you have a high refresh rate monitor I'll mention that Intel CPUs still have a bit of an edge when it comes to high FPS gaming. But only really when overclocked, which typically requires a decent investment in motherboard and cooler. For CPU I'd probably get a 9700K if I went with Intel.

If you're OK with getting ~95% of the performance for significantly less money, the R5 3600 + B450 motherboard combo I mentioned above will be fine. Can even use the stock cooler (depending on how much importance you place on having a quiet CPU).

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the choice between these two cpus depends on the use you will give to them, also if you plan to overclock in the future

you say you won't overclock now, but in the future?

about the motherboard, you are aiming at big expensive motherboards, the motherboard choice also depends on the use the pc will get

tell us more about the entire budget, the use you will give to it, case you will put it into

|Onka|

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
do you want to spend that much on a mobo??? you can get a 3700X + mobo for about 600euros.
Actually i dont want to spend that much. I just dont know what mobo to go for. Im used to go for the mainstream good stuff but im kind off in a budget this time. Any suggestions and should i go for the i7 or ryzen

|Onka|

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
the choice between these two cpus depends on the use you will give to them, also if you plan to overclock in the future

you say you won't overclock now, but in the future?

about the motherboard, you are aiming at big expensive motherboards, the motherboard choice also depends on the use the pc will get

tell us more about the entire budget, the use you will give to it, case you will put it into
Mainly gaming. I do alot of school work on my pc but nothing that requires alot of power from the computer. So just for gaming. Budget is about that 6-700euros but would love to go for less.

|Onka|

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Should i just go for ryzen 5. Do i really need ryzen 7 for gaming ? im using triple monitor setup if that has any effect on the processor. and i also have 1080 graphics card.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
well, it makes no sense if you buy a 9900k, because is strictly meant to be overclocked

the cpu by itself does turbo speeds, so it is sort of self overclking when it does that to get a extra performance boost

ryzen does the same, but it is capable of do that in any b450 motherboard

if you never plan to overclock, both motherboard choices are bad, are basically a waste of money

you did not answer what is the purpose of the build, play games, edit videos, 3d modeling, image editing, that matters alot

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
What power supply do you have? Exact make/model, not just "evga bronze 500W" or something.

What graphics card? What resolution/refresh rate is your monitor?

Something like a R5 3600 + MSI B450-A Pro MAX should be fine, and cost less than half as much as the options you're considering.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, because you have a high refresh rate monitor I'll mention that Intel CPUs still have a bit of an edge when it comes to high FPS gaming. But only really when overclocked, which typically requires a decent investment in motherboard and cooler. For CPU I'd probably get a 9700K if I went with Intel.

If you're OK with getting ~95% of the performance for significantly less money, the R5 3600 + B450 motherboard combo I mentioned above will be fine. Can even use the stock cooler (depending on how much importance you place on having a quiet CPU).

Solution

|Onka|

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019

I actually have water cooling block already for LGA1151 socket and all the WC components. So i would have cooling solved for intel already. If I go for AMD I think I would buy a new block for AM4 so that would be another ~50euros actually.