[SOLVED] 3700x supported by a mobo, but not 3800x?

Solution
Thankfully, you're not screwed at all, at least IMO.

That must be just some error in the support list. It's unlikely the mobo would support a 3700x and a 3900x and not the 3800x. They are same family. TBH, the 3700x and 3900x came out slightly before the 3800x, so it's prob ASRock didn't update the support list when the 3800x came out.

If you wanted to be absolutely sure, just pop off an email to ASRock and I'm sure they'd confirm it is supported. I don't thin you have anything to be worried about.

That must be just some error in the support list. It's unlikely the mobo would support a 3700x and a 3900x and not the 3800x. They are same family. TBH, the 3700x and 3900x came out slightly before the 3800x, so it's prob ASRock didn't update the support list when the 3800x came out.

If you wanted to be absolutely sure, just pop off an email to ASRock and I'm sure they'd confirm it is supported. I don't thin you have anything to be worried about.

Reactions: b3l1nsky
Solution

b3l1nsky

Commendable
Oct 13, 2019

Thank you very much! Already sent them an email, just feeling a bit uneasy still. I guess I won't worry too much then.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead