Question 3700x & x570 crash with OC cure?

Jul 22, 2020
I have tried almost everything, giving more or less 40 hours of troubleshooting, to overcome my re-occuring crases and BSODs.

I was at the end of my ropes in this weird exception where i stumbled over Timmy Joe PC Tech's vid (<-- link) vid about gigabyte MB + 3700x. He "explains" that this config is poorly compatable due to various reasons. In the comment section it was explained that this brand have issues with voltage management, that leads to recurring crashes.

Thanks to Timmy i came across this other thread at thtis forum; Constant BSOD after upg to ZEN 2. At the end of the thread two guys solved this issue by, what i believe, clocking the frequency together with power management. This is where my knowledge ends, i'm a novice OC.

Looking at the quotes below, they seem to have a fix. I am familiar with atlering settings in the BIOS, however i'm not confident in finding the particular settings in the Aorus bios, or translating their word of mouth into actual settings. My question is; cananyone please help me by perhaps give me a TL;DR, point me in the right direction or perhaps send me a Ryzen master preset?

My specs;
MB: x570 Aorus pro rev 1
PSU: 850 w
CPU: 3700x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz
GPU: EVGA 980 ti
- 3 SSD - 1 HDD

So here's what i did -

c-state - Enabled
power supply idle control - Auto
Overclocked the ram - 3600 @1.36v 17-16-16-32
-Offset - 0.50

And I disabled core performance boost so now my system doesn't jump from 1v to 1.5 volt every time I move my mouse : D this helps with temps overall and yes I do lose some performance but it's not noticeable.

I have made OC profiles in Ryzen Master. 1st 4000 @1.2v and 2nd 4200 @1.36
Default - 3600 @0.95xxvolts

also

Thank you, This helped a lot.
I disabled core boost, Enabled CPU scaling all is good. Overclocked cpu to 4Ghz still stable.

Now.
  1. Core Boost - Disabled
  2. Cstate - Enabled
  3. Power Idle - Low
  4. Ram - 3200Mhz(above that some steam opengl games quit in middle)
  5. CPU - 4 Ghz(with scaling enabled)
Pretty damn stable. If i boot a Livecd before it would hang within few minute , Now its not. I kept it on for a day with full stress test and idle test still no freezes. This problem had me so frustrated/angry for going ryzen way. I have been struggling with this for months until i found out the scaling cpu to performance mode was making everything stable. Now you findings are much better, I Should have pieced this together while AMD was having problem with boost frequency lately and trying to fix things with agesa kinda frequent update.

I have tried almost everything, giving more or less 40 hours of troubleshooting, to overcome my re-occuring crases and BSODs.

I was at the end of my ropes in this weird exception where i stumbled over Timmy Joe PC Tech's vid (<-- link) vid about gigabyte MB + 3700x. He "explains" that this config is poorly compatable due to various reasons. In the comment section it was explained that this brand have issues with voltage management, that leads to recurring crashes.

Thanks to Timmy i came across this other thread at thtis forum; Constant BSOD after upg to ZEN 2. At the end of the thread two guys solved this issue by, what i believe, clocking the frequency together with power management. This is where my knowledge ends, i'm a novice OC.

Looking at the quotes below, they seem to have a fix. I am familiar with atlering settings in the BIOS, however i'm not confident in finding the particular settings in the Aorus bios, or translating their word of mouth into actual settings. My question is; cananyone please help me by perhaps give me a TL;DR, point me in the right direction or perhaps send me a Ryzen master preset?

My specs;
MB: x570 Aorus pro rev 1
PSU: 850 w
CPU: 3700x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz
GPU: EVGA 980 ti
- 3 SSD - 1 HDD

also
With 4GHz it's a fat UNDERclock. that's a waste of good CPU. If problem is really with MB, i would get rid of it fast.

Jul 22, 2020
With 4GHz it's a fat UNDERclock. that's a waste of good CPU. If problem is really with MB, i would get rid of it fast.

I used to own an ASUS prime x570-p, that i RMA'd because i found one RAM slot being faulty, which i thought was the issue. As a replacement i bought the x570 Aorus pro out of believeing it to be a great mobo. The issue might also be the first release of the ryzen 7 compined with gigabyte(?).

Could you please help me decipher the mentioned quotes into settings ? I would love to try that solution.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020
i just excluded the RAMs, being the issue - where i completely replaced them with fresh onces from the QVL list.
I also checked the thermal paste and pads on the GPU