[SOLVED] 3800X Reaching 90-95c on Cinebench with Noctua NH-D15

CheekBoys

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
My 3800X seems to be running very very hot under load. It's consistantly reaching 90-95C on Cinebench and even hits 80-85C occasionally on some CPU intensive games. I'm running on a Noctua NH D15 and i'm using a graphite thermal pad. I've tried using thermal paste but I get pretty much the same temps. Could it be a case of the cooler not making full contact with the CPU? And if so how would I find that out?

Solution
I've tried reseating it multiple times already and the temps have never changed, in fact I changed it out for the stock cooler yesterday and I was actually getting 1-2C cooler on it. my voltages are set to auto but when I'm running Cinebench the voltage is around 1.27 when it hits 90C
Hmm my R5 3600 reaches 88c on cinebench 20 and runs at about 1,300+v so yours arent too far off try other stress tests too see if the "issue "continues (prime95 etc) because on prime95 i barely reach 75c
Apr 5, 2020
My 3800X seems to be running very very hot under load. It's consistantly reaching 90-95C on Cinebench and even hits 80-85C occasionally on some CPU intensive games. I'm running on a Noctua NH D15 and i'm using a graphite thermal pad. I've tried using thermal paste but I get pretty much the same temps. Could it be a case of the cooler not making full contact with the CPU? And if so how would I find that out?
I would recommend reseating the cooler and to check your voltages etc.

CheekBoys

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
I would recommend reseating the cooler and to check your voltages etc.
I've tried reseating it multiple times already and the temps have never changed, in fact I changed it out for the stock cooler yesterday and I was actually getting 1-2C cooler on it. my voltages are set to auto but when I'm running Cinebench the voltage is around 1.27 when it hits 90C

Apr 5, 2020
Hmm my R5 3600 reaches 88c on cinebench 20 and runs at about 1,300+v so yours arent too far off try other stress tests too see if the "issue "continues (prime95 etc) because on prime95 i barely reach 75c

Solution