Nikko G

Honorable
Aug 25, 2015
Hi guys, say you just made a new PC with a 3800X, MSI X570 Pro Carbon and a H115I Pro as your main components, with Windows 10. What is the first thing you do? I installed the Ryzen Chipset Drivers and the latest BIOS. Do you guys enable PB2, PBO or Game Mode in Ryzen Master? What power plan should I use, the Balanced Ryzen plan or standard Windows Power Plan?

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
Hi guys, say you just made a new PC with a 3800X, MSI X570 Pro Carbon and a H115I Pro as your main components, with Windows 10. What is the first thing you do? I installed the Ryzen Chipset Drivers and the latest BIOS. Do you guys enable PB2, PBO or Game Mode in Ryzen Master? What power plan should I use, the Balanced Ryzen plan or standard Windows Power Plan?

I have recently upgraded to a Ryzen 3800x from an intel 4790K and i did BIOS update first then i installed drivers for the hardware and then i did windows updates. Of course i did not realize until today to go to AMD for the updated chipset driver. Looking at reviews PBO sometimes helps and sometimes hinders performance so i left it off. I also went to techpowerup.com and got their power plan as well as made sure BIOS settings were as they recommended.

I don't set anything in Ryzen Master, all from BIOS/UEFI. I use modified Ryzen power plan (no sleep, HDD sleep to Never, Minimum CPU 5%.
In BIOS PBO enabled, DOCP enabled and set to best XMP speed.