[SOLVED] 3800x , x570 Aorus Pro - can't OC

stuffandthat

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I've just finished my new build with the parts mentioned in the title. I'm using a 3 year old HX850i PSU from the last system. When I go into the EasyTune software and click the OC button which OC's all the cores to 4.1ghz the PC crashes. Even when doing the Auto OC it crashes and doesn't OC at all. Is it possible that my PSU is on it's way out?

I have been getting a few BSOD's and some random crashes. I thought it was the 3200mhz Corsair RAM that I'm using but running Memtest86+ came back with no errors. So could it be the PSU?

Solution
RAM is on the boards lists. I've got the 4 sticks in the 4 slots. And I have the latest bios, and chipset drivers, and as far as I can tell all the latest updates.
I was able to get XMP working through the software, but not the bios which is strange.

Doesn't change anything, I still can't OC the CPU...
Try XMP with 2 sticks and see if you still have issues.
Ryzen 1 and Ryzen 2 have issues running 4 sticks at more than 2933Mhz.
I've just finished my new build with the parts mentioned in the title. I'm using a 3 year old HX850i PSU from the last system. When I go into the EasyTune software and click the OC button which OC's all the cores to 4.1ghz the PC crashes. Even when doing the Auto OC it crashes and doesn't OC at all. Is it possible that my PSU is on it's way out?

I have been getting a few BSOD's and some random crashes. I thought it was the 3200mhz Corsair RAM that I'm using but running Memtest86+ came back with no errors. So could it be the PSU?
The Auto OC is a joke, don't use it! Just make sure to enable XMP/D.O.C.P for the RAM. If you want you can enable PBO for the CPU. You should find this acceptable, performance wise.

stuffandthat

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
RAM is on the boards lists. I've got the 4 sticks in the 4 slots. And I have the latest bios, and chipset drivers, and as far as I can tell all the latest updates.
I was able to get XMP working through the software, but not the bios which is strange.

Try XMP with 2 sticks and see if you still have issues.
Ryzen 1 and Ryzen 2 have issues running 4 sticks at more than 2933Mhz.

Solution