[SOLVED] 3800X

Jul 9, 2020
Hi guys
i've bought this Proccesor (R7 3800X) 1 week ago when i play it will go %15 usage and 4400Mhz but when i checked that CPU in AMD Site its says it can go more than 4500mhz
but the maximum i've seen is 4450mhz in the game
is this normal?
please help me

Solution
AMD's turbo boost algorithms are a little weird. Getting your absolute max turbo clock will only happen under very specific conditions, like single core only and that load has to be on the specific core that can boost that high too.

So it's very very VERY rare to actually hit peak boost clock, I wouldn't worry about it.
AMD's turbo boost algorithms are a little weird. Getting your absolute max turbo clock will only happen under very specific conditions, like single core only and that load has to be on the specific core that can boost that high too.

So it's very very VERY rare to actually hit peak boost clock, I wouldn't worry about it.

Solution
what do u say? is it necessary to overcloack it to 4500mhz?thanks for ur answer
No it's not, it will peak up to programmed frequency when software demands but also may be limited somewhat due to higher temperature, higher than 62-65c. For all Ryzen, stated boost frequency is on one core at a time with other cores about 100-150MHz lower. Then again, it all depends on OS and SW demands. only benchmark programs put equal load on number of cores full time. Some SW may run on one core only some 2, 4 etc. Enabling and setting PBO enhances that behavior and high temps can lower it.

TRENDING THREADS