Question 390-E Asus Rog Strix Mobo and i9-9900k, What's the real bottlenecks on this system?

Nov 7, 2022
I'm determining the sunset of this configuration, but I need a more nuanced opinion on what I'm doing here. DDR4 is clearly one of my major bottlenecks and when I strapped it up to 64GB it was at the beginning of the silicon crunch that shorted the whole market, so I actually am not sure if I'm getting the most off of the Mainboard.

Realistically speaking, if a certain recent title identified something like 80% of my bottleneck coming from a 3070ti, which has had ZERO issues running games before it with far more demanding features... what is my realistic longevity on this platform? We're now on the gen 6 motherboards which I don't think my CPU can support, and DDR speeds have moved up a generation as well.

If I dropped the money for a GPU now, what is the realistic long game for this PC as a gaming rig?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The capacity of your ram isn't exactly what needs focus on a build, more like the latency and frequency at which the rams are running on said platform.

Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor: