Question 3900X + 4000MHz ram wont boot.

Jul 6, 2022
Hi,
Brother has a problem with these rams, TeamGroup T-Force Xtreem ARGB 4000MHz (4x8GB). I set the XMP profile and it reboots the PC 2 times and goes back to 2400Mhz settings.
PC spec:
CPU: 3900X stock
Mobo: ASRock B550 Pro 4
Ram: U already know
PSU: Seasonic Prime TX 750 Titanium
GPU: Sapphire RX 5700XT NITRO+ SE
BIOS: 2.20 (the latest)
Chipset and GPU drivers are updated to the latest version

So I downloaded the Thaiphoon Burner. The memory have different specifications and I wondered why? I remembered that he first bought 2x8GB and after a few months another 2x8GB. Could this be a problem?
Screenshots:

First dual
Second dual

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If I remember correctly, it has to do with the MCLK(?), or Infinity Fabric.
That 4000Mt/s kit means the IF would be running at 2000mhz - nigh impossible on Ryzen 3000. 1900mhz(3800Mt/s)is possible on the really good samples.
Also, 4 dimms at high speed is harder on the cpu's Internal Memory Controller than 2.

Return that kit and get a 3600mhz kit. Ryzen 3000 can run that one just fine.

Jul 6, 2022
Dual runs on 4000MHz with Infinity Fabric 2000MHz but I had to set SoC, VDDP, and VDDG. But the quadruple won't stand up. Maybe because the memory are different that is why I am asking here, I am not super familiar with RAMs so...

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
different sticks are def a problem. often won't even post with mismatched sticks. you got lucky that it at least runs at slower speeds that way.

overall, multiple reasons are in place why it is unlikely to even run at those speeds with those 4 specific sticks.

Jul 6, 2022
My brother is planning to jump to AM5 so will probably sell the pc for parts or sell the PC with the dual kit and the other dual separately. That's what he told me. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions mates.