[SOLVED] 3900X AMD with NZXT kraken x73 high temps

huntluck

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I have tried using many solutions from internet and forums but the temps are high at idle state cpu package 62c at ambient temp of 30c. MB is asus crosshair formula 8 and psu is Antec HCP 1000 and 2080 super. The temps are at bios monitor or at desktop idle screen with no third party app load

Solution
I have tried using many solutions from internet and forums but the temps are high at idle state cpu package 62c at ambient temp of 30c. MB is asus crosshair formula 8 and psu is Antec HCP 1000 and 2080 super. The temps are at bios monitor or at desktop idle screen with no third party app load
That's kinda high for idle (1-2% load), shouldn't be higher than 10-15c over ambient temps. With AIOs, low pump speed is usual problem. Still, it's temps at high load that matter most. ith all Ryzen keeping load temps at or under 70c produces best performance unless manually overclocked of course.
That's kinda high for idle (1-2% load), shouldn't be higher than 10-15c over ambient temps. With AIOs, low pump speed is usual problem. Still, it's temps at high load that matter most. ith all Ryzen keeping load temps at or under 70c produces best performance unless manually overclocked of course.

Solution

Furzumz

Reputable
Check your frequency and performance at 80c, it most probably drops by 200 +MHZ at that temp.

Oh I'm not saying its ideal to run it at my temperature range. I was trying to say it seems common for the newer ryzen cpus to idle a bit on the higher side as there's been a lot of threads here and elsewhere complaining about high idle temperatures

Oh I'm not saying its ideal to run it at my temperature range. I was trying to say it seems common for the newer ryzen cpus to idle a bit on the higher side as there's been a lot of threads here and elsewhere complaining about high idle temperatures
Only with OEM coolers, with mid and high end coolers it should be much lower at true idle and full load. My setup does it from 27-30c and 70c at top load. Ideal top load temps for all Ryzen iz up to 62-65c to get full frequency and performance out of them, Overclocked manually 80-85c is not a problem, only when running at PBO.