[SOLVED] 3900x build for a first timer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 14, 2020
building first computer and am thinking of basing it around the 3900x,
I will be gaming triple screen at 1080p(sim racing) and 4k on 1, also will be doing music production and video editing
Tried to future proof as much as I could as well as choose good components where needed
Any comments would be appreciated.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pDrqhg
This is my build so far
budget was around 2000 but will go up to 2500 if needed for tower, Screens, keyboard mouse etc have other budget.

Solution
the HD can be changed, this is just a rough draft so to speak. I was really trying to get a price point down.
I thought a larger case would help with airflow and leave room for upgrades later on?
Will check the mesh front case as that sounds way better
i was also thinking that a little overkill on PSU would benefit me later on if I wanted an Upgrade?
No to both displays and peripherals, but those are on a different budget as well.
thanks for the help!
Larger case: For the most part, a larger case doesn't mean more airflow. A mesh fronted micro ATX tower will have more airflow than an almost completely sealed off ATX full tower. I suggested to you some mesh fronted cases and some cases which are good without mesh, and instead...
I was going to do Single player games in 4k on tv and fps and racing in 1080p on monitors so id like as much as i can reasonably get. is triple screen that much of a tax on a GPU?
I went with the WD Black, Thanks.
Cant find compatible Samsung RAM, is there another brand for OC?
I saw in reviews of the Meshy that it was made with some asphalt inside and fumes were a consistent problem for people so I was trying to stay away from that.
Thanks once again for the Help and the time out of your day.
Three monitors is not especially taxing for the GPU in itself. 4k gaming is.
I wasnt talking about samsung dimms. I was talking about ram with samsung b die ICs. Some g skill, corsair, team group, and many other brands kits are samsung b die. Basically youre looking for 14-14-14-34 or 16-16-16-36 timings. Its also much more expensive than other dies.
You must be talking about the bitumen used as sound dampening in the meshify c. Dont worry about that, since the amount of bitumen in the case isnt enough to give you cancer or anything even if you ground it up and inhaled it. And bitumen is the least volitale petroleum fraction, so its really hard to get it into the air and into your lungs without extremely high temperatures.
My build theme was a gaming/streaming and a music/video production rig with the ability to withstand a few years time
With OCing what components can I do it to safely for production? RAM?
should i get components capable of OCing? Should I stay with stock AMD fan?
If I only look to use one maybe two 3.5 drive bays will it still work with the GPU?
If you are making money from this machine or down time hurts revenue, then don't overclock. The down time and possibility of failure is not worth it.

Latest posts