[SOLVED] 3900X has high temperature with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 ?

Sep 26, 2021
Hi I am using 3900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
When the 3900X is overclocked, the power used is around 170W, but the temperature is over 100 degrees.
I searched on the internet and they said that the TDP of the cooler being used is 380W (it's written by guru3d and it's an rgb product, but it doesn't seem to make much difference) Is there a problem with the cooler? The voltage and clock are set to 1.27v, 4.3GHz, and it is in an open case.
Thermal grease is using T9+ and I sprayed it once to see if I sprayed it wrong, but there was no change.
If the quality of the power supply of the motherboard is not good, can it affect the temperature of the CPU? I am using ASRock B450M Steel Legend board and the power supply is 4+2 phase.

Solution
Yeah, definitely not comfortable with those Temps. 100c the entire will shorten the life span of the cpu. I would make sure you have fans going though the fins and may even consider increasing the RPMs. B450 is a solid board but a heavy overclock will push VRMs to the limit. Consider providing vrms adequate airflow to prevent failure due to overheating. If you can't reduce the Temps, I would recommend replacing the cooler.
Yeah, definitely not comfortable with those Temps. 100c the entire will shorten the life span of the cpu. I would make sure you have fans going though the fins and may even consider increasing the RPMs. B450 is a solid board but a heavy overclock will push VRMs to the limit. Consider providing vrms adequate airflow to prevent failure due to overheating. If you can't reduce the Temps, I would recommend replacing the cooler.

Solution