cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
so this sucks...

I have a 3900x on an aorus pro wifi x570. 1070 hybrid. 32gb ram at 3600mhz. And an evga 1000watt g2 I believe.
I changed one of the fans on my h100i v2 because the beating was going out and its kinda annoying. (First time starting the pc that day) and after getting it all set up, try to log into windows and boom pc shut off. After another boot attempt and fail, I get to bios and I'm in the 90s and climbing. I reapplied thermal paste.
Reseated cpu and ram (ram debug led and cpu debug led were both on but only once) debug leds are gone but still high temps. Tried a friend's aio and stock cooler. No luck.
Other then a dead cpu or malfunctioning motherboard any idea?

Lutfij

Titan
What fan(s) did you replace on the AIO? You might want to also walk us through how you replaced the fan on the AIO since I suspect that the fan might not be the issue but a cavitation in the pump housing or the radiator. You could try and remove the AIO from the system and slosh the entire setup to dislodge any air bubbles in the pump to migrate to the radiator.

If could also be that the pump might've failed but that's a speculation.

You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending on the motherboard.

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
I replaced the stock fan with a corsair ll120 took the mounting bracket off of the top where the aio is and held it flat towards the bottom as much as I could while I painstakingly removed the bad fan and installed the new on and rotated it to the top position to put the bracket back in place. I can feel the fluid moving in the tubes and I unplugged the fans to make sure it wasn't the vibrations of the fans I was feeling.
I also tried to slosh it around a little slowly and I undervolted it to 1.2875v and underclocked it to 3ghz to maybe at least have a little more time to go through the bios. The fans were spinning real slow so i plugged it into the motherboard and ramped all the fans to max speed and still no luck.
I'm all out of ideas. I applied kryonaut a thin layer using the wonky ass spreader as i did previously im going to get more corsair thermal paste cause im about out now and imma try to throw the stock cooler on it tomorrow probably.

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
What fan(s) did you replace on the AIO? You might want to also walk us through how you replaced the fan on the AIO since I suspect that the fan might not be the issue but a cavitation in the pump housing or the radiator. You could try and remove the AIO from the system and slosh the entire setup to dislodge any air bubbles in the pump to migrate to the radiator.

If could also be that the pump might've failed but that's a speculation.

You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending on the motherboard.
Would I be able to.update my bios without a cpu? Its the aorus pro wifi x570