[SOLVED] 3900x

Mar 7, 2021
Hello,

Looking to upgrade my GPU - 2070 current.

CPU - 3900x

I am looking to upgrade to 3080. Wondering if I should upgrade my CPU and Motherboard as well or if my 3900x is good enough. I am mostly looking for 244 fps. I play blizzard title games.

Solution
WoW is a CPU bound title, not going to see a massive improvement, if any, from a new GPU. In towns and in raids/dungeons it is all about calculating player position and spell/damage/effects, all which has to be transmitted to and from the server for everyone in range. GPU just does the pretty graphics.

Back in the day I got 144FPS with a GTX980 at 1440p, stopped playing after Draenor, but was still getting 144FPS at 1440p pretty regularly.

CoD what? I can't imagine a 2070 only getting you 132FPS at low...

Quick check on youtube, Warzone at 1080p high settings with a 2070 Super was pulling in average 147 FPS, at 1440p 112FPS. Might just be worth it for you to crank the graphics up. I have seen a few inklings that the game has issues...
Mar 7, 2021
144FPS at what resolution?

Blizzard games, probably not worth it at all...I can't think of any titles offhand that even need a 2070 for excellent performance. Maybe at 4K.

CPU is probably fine as well.

144 fps @1080 p

I play wow 120 fps @ 7setting sometimes need to drop to 5.

COD low setting at 132 fps

I would like to play at 244 fps at 1080p. I dont think I can push it with this 2070. I really dont want to upgrade my CPU. It is a beast. Just wondering what GPU to upgrade to. Dont want to upgrade to a 3080 when my CPU is 3900X ?

If i spend the amount a 3070ti what do you think ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
WoW is a CPU bound title, not going to see a massive improvement, if any, from a new GPU. In towns and in raids/dungeons it is all about calculating player position and spell/damage/effects, all which has to be transmitted to and from the server for everyone in range. GPU just does the pretty graphics.

Back in the day I got 144FPS with a GTX980 at 1440p, stopped playing after Draenor, but was still getting 144FPS at 1440p pretty regularly.

Quick check on youtube, Warzone at 1080p high settings with a 2070 Super was pulling in average 147 FPS, at 1440p 112FPS. Might just be worth it for you to crank the graphics up. I have seen a few inklings that the game has issues running.

What kind of memory do you have paired with that CPU?

Solution
Mar 7, 2021

Quick check on youtube, Warzone at 1080p high settings with a 2070 Super was pulling in average 147 FPS, at 1440p 112FPS. Might just be worth it for you to crank the graphics up. I have seen a few inklings that the game has issues running.

What kind of memory do you have paired with that CPU?

I play cod not the war zone. I tested every setting - tried many yt videos on Nvida control panel setting. Even tried GPU curve settings. Still can only get 132 at low.
will try cranking gpu tonight.
I have 3600 x 2 8gb Corsair lpx

Mar 7, 2021
3600Mhz should do.

I played CoD too, back in the early 2000s, you have to be specific, especially with the games that have wrapped around on themselves like CoD and Battlefield.

I am sorry 2020 cod. It is just called call of duty. I don’t think it has a sub name. It is not black ops cold wars.
Hope this helps.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I am sorry 2020 cod. It is just called call of duty. I don’t think it has a sub name. It is not black ops cold wars.
Hope this helps.

The fault of the publishers, I had assumed you meant a more recent one, but I don't follow those franchises like I used to. Still though, within a few releases they tend to use the same game engine, so Warzone is probably close enough for approximations.