Question 3950X temperature spike

w41g872

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
My 3950X temperature spikes and gradually falls back from time to time, and often goes above the 90C mark. I am running a custom loop with 3x120mm rad, and using liquid metal. I am using a mini-itx case and I wonder if this is normal for this CPU. A temperature graph is included below.
IjbtQFw.png

Lutfij

Titan
What are you ambient (room)air temps, the voltage for your CPU, as well as the duration of use for that liquid metal? I must ask, did you get the application for the liquid metal right? Might also want to list your watercooling loop and a picture of it in case you might've gotten it wrong.

Also, what sort of temps do you see when idling? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

w41g872

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
What are you ambient (room)air temps, the voltage for your CPU, as well as the duration of use for that liquid metal? I must ask, did you get the application for the liquid metal right? Might also want to list your watercooling loop and a picture of it in case you might've gotten it wrong.

Also, what sort of temps do you see when idling? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

My ambient temp is about 24°C. The CPU idles at around 40°C. The voltage fluctuates between 1.35V and 1.45V, rarely hitting 1.49V. The liquid metal was applied a few days ago, by a thin film on the CPU. The interesting thing seems to be that HWMonitor reports a 5C delta above the one by ryzen master. Under load the ryzen master reports around 70-75 °C, while HWMonitor reports above 80°C.