[SOLVED] 3960x for Motion Graphics/Video Editing Adobe/Davinchi

Dec 2, 2019
Hey experts. Reformed Mac user looking to move to a custom PC for Adobe suite (using heavily Premiere and After Effects) and also Davinchi Resolve. Media is often RAW 4K+ but also higher/lower spec and formats. On old 2013 Mac Pro currently and after a lot of researching seems the new Threadripper 3960x may be the sweet spot and excited to try a custom build. Budget is loose as it's for work and been a while so assuming in the $5K range to really give me what I need. I'm often multi-tasking, rendering/exporting in background etc., but also would love better 4K playback experience with various formats. I plan to move everything to internal HDDs for archive (currently using RAID/TB2 drives) but thinking I can RAID1 across 2 10-12TBs as I go internally. I also have 4x1TB NVMEs in an external box I can use for OS/Cache and maybe a fast SSD for working media per project but don't own that yet. Welcome anyone who has suggestions for a build or maybe even done one that would be perfect for my application. Thanks!

Solution
Dec 2, 2019
good point! I have a lot of years on windows/Avid systems back in the day hopefully that helps me cause for sure I'm going to need it! I just can't get my head around a Mac Pro at the cost but maybe I'm missing something. I have lots of friends in post using PCs rocking and rolling. I was thinking 2080TI and maybe adding another later. Just a lot of options. I'm working on detailing a build but it's new to me.