Question 3amp max?

Sep 6, 2020
hey everyone so I have been trying to solve this argb question but have had no luck. Im trying to plug in multiple argb devices but I noticed that there is a 3amp max and 60led. But I see dozens of people with builds that have argb devices that would go way over the limit. So im trying to add (possibly 9) Lian li bora digital fans their stresmers plus and a deep cool 300x castle argb water cooler. Now the issue is with the streamers I wanna plug it into my motherboard to have it all sync up. I see others with this build buy if my math is correct its way over the led and amp limit for one header. So how do they do it? I know im missing some sort of info in understanding this. Does a argb hub connected to the psu reduce amount? Or does that 3amp only count for stuff that isn't connected to the psu? Or their motherboards have 2 argb headers and put the streamers only in one header cause they take up alot and the rest in the other header.

Specs:
Intel i7 8k
Asus Z370e mobo
2 8gb team force ram
1 500gb ssd and 1 2tb hdd
Evga gtx 1080 sc
Evga 650w (not sure which version ill update later)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Most of the builds you've probably looked at are being powered off of a hub with an additional power input, not just the motherboard header. Even if it's not stated in their specs, it's most definitely somewhere in the build...unless they genuinely forgot that limit and are expecting to wake up to smoke and lights.

Do you really need 9 fans? Wind tunnel experiment, maybe inside the case? What is the make and model of your motherboard? The fan alone will need 0.2 amps, so 9 will get you 1.8amps

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

For the cadence, please post links to the builds you've seen so we can figure how they did it(and wasn't just some stunt).

Sep 6, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Most of the builds you've probably looked at are being powered off of a hub with an additional power input, not just the motherboard header. Even if it's not stated in their specs, it's most definitely somewhere in the build...unless they genuinely forgot that limit and are expecting to wake up to smoke and lights.

Do you really need 9 fans? Wind tunnel experiment, maybe inside the case? What is the make and model of your motherboard? The fan alone will need 0.2 amps, so 9 will get you 1.8amps

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

For the cadence, please post links to the builds you've seen so we can figure how they did it(and wasn't just some stunt).
I just updated the post. Sorry my phone was bugging out. I don't plan on doing what he's doing except for a few aspects.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkVB4KV_Fkk&t=50s

Something similar to this but not to the same extent