3D Computer monitor in the $300-$400 price range?

dirtyblacksocks

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I shop at NewEgg.com to begin with.
I just picked up a GTX 760 video card, as well as updating quite a bit of other hardware, and figure it's time for a new monitor, I currently have an ASUS VH242H 24" monitor (23.some odd inches).

I find the colors are a bit washed out, overall the picture just doesn't pop for me.

My questions are as follows:
1. Is there a 3D monitor in the $300 - $400 price range that is actually worth it, or are they all junk? Will a 3D Monitor turn any game I play into a 3D game with the aforementioned graphics card, or do games have to be 3D encoded? (specifically league of legends and world of warcraft)

2. If a 3D monitor is not worth it at that price range, which monitor in that price range gives the best bang for the buck. I'm currently sitting on a Macbook Pro - and I did not realize how washed out my ASUS Monitor is until I played a game on the Macbook - I'd like to try and get a picture that reflects the money I've put into my hardware.

Thanks!

That is a very poor choice for the video card he has. It probably wouldn't be able to do 3D at all, at best, he could use 3DTV Play to get it to work.