3D Design/MMO Capable First Build

sponge88

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Hi again i thought i would repost this properly as i didnt really provide enough information last time. I am looking to put a PC together that is capable of running Star Wars - The Old Republic/World of Warcraft Smoothly, but will also support 3D Design.

My Current PC runs Star Wars on lowest settings, and WoW and Medium/High, however the rendering times in Applications such as 3DS, Vue and Cinema 4D are ridiculously High.

I currently have 3gb of RAM, Windows 32-bit prfoessional, Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS, no idea about the motherboard or the PSU, and the case is an old workstation case.

My Preferences are as follows:-

Approximate Purchase Date: 4-6 Weeks
Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) £800 before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: MMO Gaming, 3d design, and maybe watching HQ Movies

Parts Not Required: Keyboard (Still going to use my Steelseries Zboard ^^), Mouse, Monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I see a lot of people using Newegg, but have been unsure as its all in dollars, would appreciate any help

Parts Preferences: I would like a well lit case, with good cooling/airflow, im not sure what would be better and intel or AMD cpu for my interests

Overclocking: Maybe inthe future

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Monitor Resolution: My current Resolution is 1280x1024

Additional Comments: A quiter PC would be ideal, also i will add the minimum requirements for Swtor if it helps. They are as follows :-

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.
RAM: Windows XP: 1.5GB, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB.
Video/Graphics: ATI X1800 or better, nVidia 7800 or better, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better. This should incorporate a minimum of 256mb onboard RAM, and support Pixel Shader 3.0

DVD Drive: 8x

I would like to point out those specs are minimum only and i would like it to run smoother than that, i can rise my budget slightly if needed.

Kind Regards Ben

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
£800 is a solid budget and will get you a good build.
Here's a few UK website you can use to check for the cheapest components:

www.scan.co.uk
www.aria.co.uk
www.amazon.co.uk
www.ebuyer.co.uk
www.novatech.co.uk
www.overclockers.co.uk

--------------------

CPU: i5-2500k
Mobo: ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 or similar (Z68 chipset)
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz, 1.5v, CL9 (G.Skill/Corsair Vengeance are popular)
GPU: 6870/GTX 560Ti/6950
PSU: 500w (Recommended brands include, Corsair, XFX, Antec, SeaSonic)
HDD: 500GB-1TB 7200RPM
Optical Drive: DVD-RW
Case: Your choice :) But dont waste too much money here. £60 maximum ideally.

Depending on what price the above build comes to, id also recommend investing in a 1080p monitor. 22" is a good size with some good prices around the £100 mark.

sponge88

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
SCAN and EBUYER are both are highly trusted websites and have been used in the UK for a long time. I personally built my own system from Ebuyer back in August last year. Do search around for the best offers. SCAN.co.uk often do some great Today Only Deals which if you pick your parts carefully can save yourself a nice amount.

At £44, this is one of the best PSU choices.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMPSU-500CXV2UK-Builder-CX500V2-Certified/dp/B005851O16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326801349&sr=8-1