Info 3D REALM’s retro First-Person Shooter/FPS, ION FURY, has been released !!

Hello,

If you like playing old-school first-person shooters, then check out this Game. ;)3D Realms studio has announced that its retro first-person shooter which is using the BUILD Engine, ION FURY, has been fully released.

I think it has left early access on STEAM. ION FURY is inspired by favourite 90s classics such as Duke Nukem 3D, Blood and Shadow Warrior. Players will be able to duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast their way through 7 zones. The game also comes with some modern-day features. For example, it supports auto-saves, improved physics and map interactivity, headshots, widescreen functionality and controllers.

ION FURY also features hand-made levels that are full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces. Moreover, the game supports voxels for a number of 3D objects. Last but not least, the game also comes with a level editor and other development tools, plus Steam Workshop support.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=121&v=ncC9jrCqgG8

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Makes me want to crack open the editor and make some maps again. I got pretty heavy into making maps for Shadow Warrior. Went through all the tutorials for room over room and other fancy stuff. I vaguely recall building some pointless vehicles.

One of the things I'm sad I never stuck with. I made some simple maps for Quake III and Unreal Tournament, but never really got into it.

Map making is actually fun. I have downloaded and played quite a few single player maps of old-school game before, like Half Life 2, Crysis, Doom 3, Soldier of fortune, Far Cry 1, and few other games. It's good to have a game editor for sandbox games.

By the way, I think this game supports cheat codes. Gonna try these just for fun ! :p

Enter the codes from the cheats option at the main menu. There are more commands as well:

IMGOD – Toggles God Mode (Invincibility)
IMAFK – Give Everything
IMFREE – Toggles clipping (walk through walls)
IMLOST – Display entire map
IMREALBUILDER – Toggle Debug Data
IMD4N – God mode + Give everything...!!

Some more news of old-school FPS. DOOM 64 has been rated in Australia:

New evidence has emerged that suggests that DOOM 64 will be re-released soon on multiple platforms. Now, the game has received a multi-platform listing on the Australian Game Classification website with an M (Mature) rating.

Previously, DOOM 64 was rated for PS4 and PC by PEGI, which granted the game a 16+ rating. Rating for Bethesda's recently released DOOM and DOOM II remasters also has PS4/PC only ratings at PEGI. This suggests that DOOM 64 could release on additional platforms, such as Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.

At this time it is unknown when DOOM 64 will release on modern gaming platforms, or in what form the game will be released. It is possible that the game will release as a Unity remake of the original, though it is equally possible that the game has been created using the original's N64 codebase.

DOOM 64 is considered by many fans of the franchise to be amongst the best the series has to offer. Ultimately the game was less successful than other console iterations of the franchise, mostly thanks to the overwhelming popularity of consoles like the Sony PlayStation during that era.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...2fkw2jZ20vXLH4%2ffjvTC1RqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

03041353693l.jpg