Question 3DMark score has gone down by 30% since January, same GPU and CPU

I notice your CPU is actually running a slightly higher frequency in the later test. This might be the result of other programs running in the background and effecting the result. I assume you ran the test multiple times and restarted your PC in between ?

Jul 14, 2023
I notice your CPU is actually running a slightly higher frequency in the later test. This might be the result of other programs running in the background and effecting the result. I assume you ran the test multiple times and restarted your PC in between ?
It's an issue with my GPU. I'd just disregard the CPU entirely for this issue.

It's an issue with my GPU. I'd just disregard the CPU entirely for this issue.
Background tasks can affect GPU scores, that's why I asked if you ran multiple tests and restarted in between. I know sometimes my PC seems laggy and I'm not getting the best GPU performance, when I open task manager, I find 10-20% CPU usage on "Shell infrastructure host"....I think this is windows being buggy. After a restart everything is good again.

gpu frequency is lower by 400MHz, so maybe you have enabled some power saving profile (quiet mode)

i can see you have swapped mainboard, have you tryied DDU then reinstalling GPU drivers? there could be some leftover configuration for your old mainboard

Jul 14, 2023
gpu frequency is lower by 400MHz, so maybe you have enabled some power saving profile (quiet mode)

i can see you have swapped mainboard, have you tryied DDU then reinstalling GPU drivers? there could be some leftover configuration for your old mainboard
I'm pretty sure I've tried DDU since I swapped MBs

It's entirely your graphics score dropping the results as the rest are the same and the GPU clocks are reporting lower. So you've either got something that is limiting the frame rate or perhaps a power delivery problem. Have you checked in something like MSI Afterburner while running a 3dmark test to see if the power consumption looks like it should under full load? Should be 175-200W.

Reactions: Zythe9876
Jul 14, 2023
It's entirely your graphics score dropping the results as the rest are the same and the GPU clocks are reporting lower. So you've either got something that is limiting the frame rate or perhaps a power delivery problem. Have you checked in something like MSI Afterburner while running a 3dmark test to see if the power consumption looks like it should under full load? Should be 175-200W.
Fixed the issue by increasing the power limit in AMD, thanks.

Reactions: kerberos_20