[SOLVED] 3DMark test results help

Feb 13, 2021
Hello!

I've been having some issues with my PC, I just got it not long ago.

I notice fps drops from time to time and was told 3DMark can give a good hint at what's wrong or at least tell me if something is under-performing.

Problem is, I have no idea about computers lol

Can someone please tell me if this is good for setup?

Solution
Overclocked to 5ghz?

I assume this is how you've been playing ever since you got the pc? Any Software updates recently?

You noticed any heat spikes on your cpu and gpu while playing? Your CPU could be overheating so its stepping down a bit. Check your cooling settings.

Problem with OC is how to sustain it. Heat is the major issue. Your CPU works harder the more demanding the task.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Hey it's good. Especially if this is not tuned to OC.

You mentioned your fps went down. What I can tell from the results is the CPU could be be handling a lot of tasks. You might have too many processes running in the background. You don't want to do that especially when you're gaming really hard. try running just your game. Also try to look back if you added something or did a change in your gpu settings/configuration- maxed out?

Feb 13, 2021
Hey it's good. Especially if this is not tuned to OC.

You mentioned your fps went down. What I can tell from the results is the CPU could be be handling a lot of tasks. You might have too many processes running in the background. You don't want to do that especially when you're gaming really hard. try running just your game. Also try to look back if you added something or did a change in your gpu settings/configuration- maxed out?
I don't really have anything running in the background besides my mixer program, maybe a chrome tab and discord for talking to friends while gaming.

The only thing overclocked on my system is the CPU which is overclocked to 5ghz, this system was built by cyberpower and only just got it a few days ago, so just wondering why I'm getting these drops :(

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Overclocked to 5ghz?

I assume this is how you've been playing ever since you got the pc? Any Software updates recently?

You noticed any heat spikes on your cpu and gpu while playing? Your CPU could be overheating so its stepping down a bit. Check your cooling settings.

Problem with OC is how to sustain it. Heat is the major issue. Your CPU works harder the more demanding the task.

Solution