News 3DMark XeSS Benchmark Now Available

KyaraM

Admirable
I have seen this yesterday, but couldn't test it yet. I'm curious how it adds up to DLSS on my 3070Ti. My old 1070 would be very interesting to see, too. Will test the new card when I'm home from work this afternoon and the old one on Saturday I guess.

Giroro

Splendid
How exactly is XeSS supposed to be pronounced?
My best guess is "Cheese". My second-best guess is "Excess", but that's how I refer to the Xbox Series X|S ( XseXS ), and I don't like the overlap.

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
I have seen this yesterday, but couldn't test it yet. I'm curious how it adds up to DLSS on my 3070Ti. My old 1070 would be very interesting to see, too. Will test the new card when I'm home from work this afternoon and the old one on Saturday I guess.
My 6800 was a little over twice as fast and my A380 was almost 3 times as fast using XeSS. Both ran at 1440p/XeSS performance.

KyaraM

Admirable
How exactly is XeSS supposed to be pronounced?
My best guess is "Cheese". My second-best guess is "Excess", but that's how I refer to the Xbox Series X|S ( XseXS ), and I don't like the overlap.
I go with "excess" but don't pronounce the first syllable, "ex", leaving "cess" if that makes sense. My native language is a great help here, lol. Another way would be similar to "chess" I think. Not sure how you got cheese. That doesn't make much sense to me with two s.
My 6800 was a little over twice as fast and my A380 was almost 3 times as fast using XeSS. Both ran at 1440p/XeSS performance.
Interesting. I couldn't check yesterday, was too tired. But I will do later today. I would like to have that A380, too, just to tinker around with it a bit tbh xD

Maybe when the bigger cards arrive...

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Interesting. I couldn't check yesterday, was too tired. But I will do later today. I would like to have that A380, too, just to tinker around with it a bit tbh xD

Maybe when the bigger cards arrive...
It's been entertaining, still has some driver glitches, but performs like the reviews showed.
Maybe I'll play a prank on my daughter and swap out her Fury Nitro for it on her pre rebar system ;p

Reactions: KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
It's been entertaining, still has some driver glitches, but performs like the reviews showed.
Maybe I'll play a prank on my daughter and swap out her Fury Nitro for it on her pre rebar system ;p
That sounds mean xD
I get "Cheese", because I think Intel wants people to pronounce Xe as "Chi", which I agree doesn't make sense.
But it's all greek, to me.
Haha, fair enough!