3ds Max blurry pictures

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hello everyone. When I create a plane in 3ds Max and apply a "texture" on it - a picture from which I want to start my project - this "texture", or a picture, is blurry. It doesn't look good, and it's impossible to see all small details, and in general, it's "squared" - when you open the picture in photo viewer program, it's nice - but when you try to use it in Max, it's not smooth at all. Instead, the smooth diagonal lines are like lots of small squares that are along that line, one on top of another.

If you ask why I posted it in Graphics Cards section - well, my guess is that it's the graphics card that won't let me display good quality pictures.

I am extremely limited to choosing the display drivers:

Nitrous Direct3D 11
Nitrous Direct3D 9
Nitrous Software
Legacy Direct3D
Legacy OpenGL.

I have i5 4690K, r9 290,8GB of RAM. So theoretically, there shouldn't be any problem, right? Good parts, so everything should be smooth. But no.

Is there any way to fix it?

I searched a lot about it, but couldn't find any good info - I typed AMD graphics card 3ds max blurry pictures and nothing.

And also, I know it's not about graphics cards, but still... Is it safe to render for hours? Won't my CPU burn or fail or shorten its life?

Solution
I don't think it's a GPU issue. It's more of a settings problem. When you are in a viewport, click on the [+] icon and go in 'Configure Viewport'. From there, you will be able to boost the viewport map resolution under the 'Display & Performance' tab. If you've set your UVW map to fit the plane according to your image resolution, you should see in detail improvement.

williamcummins

Reputable
May 9, 2014
I don't think it's a GPU issue. It's more of a settings problem. When you are in a viewport, click on the [+] icon and go in 'Configure Viewport'. From there, you will be able to boost the viewport map resolution under the 'Display & Performance' tab. If you've set your UVW map to fit the plane according to your image resolution, you should see in detail improvement.

Solution