[SOLVED] $3k usd gaming multitasking build

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Looking to do a build for a friend. He does alot of multitasking, gaming. Does not need anything extra like monitors, keyboard, etc... Just need the tower. I have put together a list on pcpartpicker. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sCYkzN

He has requested 64gb ram and a single 4tb ssd. Think the 64gb of ram is doable but the single 4tb ssd is pretty expensive.

How is the motherboard? Will the 360mm AIO fit in the case without any clearance issues? Was also looking at the fractal design meshify c case but can't seem to find it anymore unless I am just blind.

Usually buy from newegg.com. Don't have a microcenter near me. If buy through newegg, there will be an additional $200 in taxes. For the ones that have bought from newegg recently, are there longer delivery times with what is going on right now? I was pricing parts through amazon and lots of parts have a estimated delivery date of april 22.

Solution
You know what they say, "The more you spend, the more fps you get!" 🆒
Up to a point. A custom case can add $1000 but doesn't provide one extra FPS.
I agree that 64GB RAM will provide very little benefit for most. Unless this PC is hosting VMs, 64GB is a waste of money. A four DIMM setup, will be better used with a CPU that has 4 channel memory controller. The Ryzen doesn't. Four DIMMs may actually not clock as high. A threadripper of Intel X299 build with quad channel RAM controller will better utilize the memory.

kanewolf

Titan
You know what they say, "The more you spend, the more fps you get!" 🆒
Up to a point. A custom case can add $1000 but doesn't provide one extra FPS.
I agree that 64GB RAM will provide very little benefit for most. Unless this PC is hosting VMs, 64GB is a waste of money. A four DIMM setup, will be better used with a CPU that has 4 channel memory controller. The Ryzen doesn't. Four DIMMs may actually not clock as high. A threadripper of Intel X299 build with quad channel RAM controller will better utilize the memory.

Solution