3rd hard Drive on same ribbon as DVD Burner?

I have both a CD Burner & a DVD burner on the same ribbon.. On the other
ribbon I have 2 hard drives which get a lot of use. The CD burner never
gets used. Should there be any problem if I were to put a 3rd Hard drive on
the same ribbon as othe DVD burner?

--
Thanks in adavance

I'm assuming that you're using IDE drives, if so, you can only have 2 IDE
devices per controller. One master one slave

-Brian
"Videot" <Videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>I have both a CD Burner & a DVD burner on the same ribbon.. On the other
>ribbon I have 2 hard drives which get a lot of use. The CD burner never
>gets used. Should there be any problem if I were to put a 3rd Hard drive
>on the same ribbon as othe DVD burner?
>
> --
> Thanks in adavance

"Videot" <Videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>I have both a CD Burner & a DVD burner on the same ribbon.. On the other
>ribbon I have 2 hard drives which get a lot of use. The CD burner never
>gets used. Should there be any problem if I were to put a 3rd Hard drive
>on the same ribbon as othe DVD burner?
>
> --
> Thanks in adavance

Assuming you have fairly new equipment there should be no problem. Some
older CD drives and motherboards may cause the hard drive to work at less
than optimum speed. It will work fine but just slightly slower than it
could. If the CD drive and the motherboard both adhere to present standards
you will find no loss of performance.

Kerry

Sorry, I mis-read the post. disregard my reply