3RD HDD wont recognise

GNETWORK UL

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
So I have a somewhat weird situation going on...
I have 3 hard drives and at any time I'm able to get 2 to be displayed on my PC or BIOS, but its completely random which it chooses.

Sometimes it will show my Seagate 1TB and other times it will show my WD Blue 1TB along with my C drive (OS, always shows)
but it will not allow me to use all 3 simultaneously, it will only let me use 2 at any one time.

Any help would be appreciated in trying to get my system to recognise all 3 :(

Solution
Hey there.

This really does sound like an odd problem. This is after every boot (a different drive won't be recognized)? You should make sure that the drive that's not detected is spinning as it could be underpowered by the PSU.
You should also backup those drive, just to be on the safe side and download their respective manufacturer's diagnostic tools to test them for errors and bad sectors. Here's how to run Quick and Extended tests on the WD drive via DLG (Data Lifeguard): How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.

Another option is to try and update or reset your BIOS/UEFI and see if the issue still persists. Try updating your chipset driver as well.

Hope that helps. Please let me know...
Hey there.

This really does sound like an odd problem. This is after every boot (a different drive won't be recognized)? You should make sure that the drive that's not detected is spinning as it could be underpowered by the PSU.
You should also backup those drive, just to be on the safe side and download their respective manufacturer's diagnostic tools to test them for errors and bad sectors. Here's how to run Quick and Extended tests on the WD drive via DLG (Data Lifeguard): How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.

Another option is to try and update or reset your BIOS/UEFI and see if the issue still persists. Try updating your chipset driver as well.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution