3TB SATA drive takes about 5 minutes to be discovered by BIOS or Windows

KT888

Distinguished
May 5, 2012
I have an 3TB internal SATA drive that's taking about 5 minutes to be discovered by the BIOS or in Windows.
I'm not sure what the issue is but I KNOW this is not usual. I have 8 other 3-8 TB SATA drives in this system and none of them take that long (maybe 10-15 seconds) It's the same on my other system I have 8 3-8 TB SATA drives that take about the same. I also have a USB 3.0 drive that mirrors each of them and they take maybe 20-25 seconds to be discovered by windows. In their totality the USB drives take about 2-3 minutes to be discovered by the bios when booting up but a single drive should only take seconds not minutes to be discovered. Spaccy says the SMART for the drive is fine. I also did a scandisk from within windows and Windows reports no issues. Anyone have any experience with something like this happening to them or any experience they'd like to offer.

BTW when I disconnect this drive on bootup my system boots up in about 20-25 seconds (When the USB drives are not connected.) Even with 7 other SATA HD Drives connected. Not including the SSD the OS is on.
Thanks

KT888

Distinguished
May 5, 2012
The SATA drives are all connected to the MB ports which include 4 SATA2 & 6 SATA3 two of which are Intel ports. The SSD is connected to one of the Intel Ports. The other drives I'm not too concerned with since they won't utilize fully even a SATA2 port.
None of the drives are in a RAID configuration.

The MB is an Asrock Z77 Extreme9