G

Now I know that most of you have bought in the past the klipsch 4.1 or the logitech z560 (because best bargain for the buck) but find that there are many items that want a 5.1 system, especially dvd movies and some video games. So my question is if I bought the logitech z340 to go along with my klipsch 4.1 system and hooked up the logitech z340s into the center channel, and the klipsch 4.1 into the front and rear channels of the soundblaster audigy, what effect would it have? WOuld it effectively create a 5.1 environment? Anyone experimented with this type of thing? Thanks for any advice given. No replies necessary telling me to get the klipsch 5.1 because I am looking for the best feasible possibility (although i wish i would have saved the money for them... damn my impatience).

Jeff Eklund

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
No, that will just screw up the sound. Don't mix and match speakers. It won't sound coherent. Also, DVDs don't <i>need</i> 5.1 sound and most games don't even support the 5th speaker.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

FatBurger

Illustrious
You can absolutely do that, but you should only plug one speaker into the center channel, not a pair.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft