[SOLVED] 4+4 pin psu connector wont match 8 pin cpu power socket

Anti illuminati

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
Hello my mb is msi z590 gaming edge wifi and the cpu has two 8 pin power connectors but my psu has a 8 pin and 4+4 pin . Which the left side of 4+4 pin doesnt match the motherboard connector. ( It connects) but the platic around the pins on cable of the left one are
All circular which on the mobo some are square and some circle. Is it ok to connect? Or it isnt compatib?

Solution
And itsnt not pcie cable its e atx cable one a whole 8 pin and other is two 4 pin
Check the. Photo of the user manual in previous post

Both E-ATX 4+4 pin cable and 8-pin cable must fit couple with any 8-pin CPU power socket on motherboard without problems. Then something is wrong with either cables or motherboard CPU power connector. May I ask for detailed motherboard photo? Especially location with CPU power sockets.

Anti illuminati

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
My cpu is 11700k
No it isnt this model my model is this:
GP850B-OC Plus
Which a bit older model of the model you mentioned

And itsnt not pcie cable its e atx cable one a whole 8 pin and other is two 4 pin

Both E-ATX 4+4 pin cable and 8-pin cable must fit couple with any 8-pin CPU power socket on motherboard without problems. Then something is wrong with either cables or motherboard CPU power connector. May I ask for detailed motherboard photo? Especially location with CPU power sockets.

Solution

Anti illuminati

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
No i have no problem plugging the 4+4 pin i only doubt.

As you see in photos the left side of the 4 pin cable is all d shaped but the power connector in the mb is 2 square and two d shape. It can be pluggged in with no problem. But i doubt.

TRENDING THREADS