4 50" LCD TV's 1 Graphics Card....

JayCee993

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Okay so we have a new project at work and was wondering if the people of Tomshardware could help me out a little bit.
Here's the deal, I'm custom building a machine to support 4 50 Inch TV's which are going to be used as a display for a company on an office wall.
I have found the Nvidia Quadro NVS 450, this has 4 display inputs all HDMI which is what we were looking for.
This card is 512mb and is designed for a multi "monitor" display I'm just not sure if the card is going to be able to handle 4 50" LCD's.

The only thing that is going to be displayed on the TV's is a Calendar for multiple users so that it can be changed in real time for the whole office to be able to see.
So in conclusion:
1) Will this card support 4 50" TV's all connected through HDMI.
2) Is there any other card that you would recommend that should be used instead of this card, price tag really isn't that much of a problem.

Thanks in advance, Jason

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
physical size of monitor is irrelevant

Asus GT640-2GD3 (it's around $100) can drive 4 easily, using DVI / DVI / HDMI / VGA connectors. you can usually convert DVI to HDMI with just a cable. the VGA is analog so one TV should have a VGA input. works great for 2D apps.

JayCee993

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Will the NVS 450 be able to power the 4 TV's then through 4 HDMI ports or will it struggle? having 2 cards isn't a problem was just wondering if we could stick with 1 card.

Thanks, Jason

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
considering the content, it should be fine. 2D apps are a piece of cake for modern cards, even cheap desktop cards, that can run 2-3 monitors each. as long as you're not doing wild gaming or CAD modeling, any card with decent outputs will work fine. if VGA is not an option, then you can run two Asus GT610 cards (each card can drive DVI+HDMI, and it's trivial to convert DVI-to-HDMI using a basic cable since signaling is backwards-compatible).

NVS 450 might be fine, but it's horribly overpriced for what you need. a $100 desktop consumer card is enough.

heck, i once had a Galaxy MDT GT610 card that could drive 4 screens (all DVI), it's a single slot full height card. no longer made (obsolete), but just goes to show what is possible. i was using it to drive 4 screens for stocks trading a few years ago.

GALAXY_MDT_GeForce_GT_610.jpg