[SOLVED] 4.7GHz Shows Up As 4695MHz

Solution
Resolutions are all gpu, nothing to do with cpu. Cpu translates/processes the game code then ships it to the gpu. 4k is same as 1440p or 1080p to the cpu, it's the gpu that suffers the burden of details. If fps drops, it's cuz the gpu is not powerful enough to put that many frames up at that resolution. If fps stays the same, means the gpu is strong enough, but the cpu is capped.
My own non-OC (disregarding the enabled Asus' MCE/all-core turbo cheat!) shows (via HWMonitor) 4518 MHz instead of 4500 MHz...so I feel your pain! :)

(Those little discrepancies are not worth fretting over...just be glad your temps are nicely under control...!)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Because it's 4.7GHz, it's rounded to the 1st digit not 4.700GHz. The game is reporting to the 3rd digit, so shows a more accurate 4.695GHz or 4695MHz. If some software would report to a 4th digit, it might come back as 4.6945 to 4.6954GHz.

It's all the same, $1.00 or 100¢, just a different way the software reports.

Do you have all cores locked on your OC? If not, the cpu will lower OC depending on core usage, 1 core = 5.1GHz, 2 cores = 5.0GHz etc.

ThePCElitist

Reputable
May 11, 2014
Because it's 4.7GHz, it's rounded to the 1st digit not 4.700GHz. The game is reporting to the 3rd digit, so shows a more accurate 4.695GHz or 4695MHz. If some software would report to a 4th digit, it might come back as 4.6945 to 4.6954GHz.

It's all the same, $1.00 or 100¢, just a different way the software reports.

Do you have all cores locked on your OC? If not, the cpu will lower OC depending on core usage, 1 core = 5.1GHz, 2 cores = 5.0GHz etc.
As far as I know they are I don't have an offset either. I ran the GTAV Benchmark at 4K Max Settings once clocked at 3.7GHz and the other 4.7GHz yet there was only about a single frame difference. Is that because of how GPU Bound 4K is or just GTAV?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Resolutions are all gpu, nothing to do with cpu. Cpu translates/processes the game code then ships it to the gpu. 4k is same as 1440p or 1080p to the cpu, it's the gpu that suffers the burden of details. If fps drops, it's cuz the gpu is not powerful enough to put that many frames up at that resolution. If fps stays the same, means the gpu is strong enough, but the cpu is capped.

Solution