Question 4 Acer monitors at 144Hz on ASUS GTX 1070 Strix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantTheGreat

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
Hey :)

I've been searching for ways to get 4 Acer XB240H monitors to work at 144Hz on my ASUS 1070 GTX Strix Video card, but with no luck.
The video card has 2xDP, 2xHDMI (2.0) & 1x DVI-D output ports. All of these do support 144Hz.

So i have 4 Acer XB240H monitors, which have DVI-D, DP and a HDMI 1.4 input. The HDMI 1.4 doesn't support 144Hz... that's fine.
However, the DVI-D and DP do support those. So i have 2 of the monitors connected via DP, 1 via DVI-D and all 3 have 144hz. However, I cannot get the 4th monitor to use 144Hz. I tried with a HDMI to DVI-D cable -> doesn't work. Can't get more than 60Hz.
Tried a HDMI to DP cable -> doesn't work. Turns out it's one directional DP to HDMI.

I haven't tried with a 2.0 HDMI cable and a DVI-D adapter though, but after some research it turns out it won't work. Was thinking of buying something like this (amazon link) initially.

Now I'm looking into buying this (amazon link). Has anyone tried it? Will it work. If not, can anyone give another suggestion how to get 4 monitors at those Hz?

Edit: Ah yes. I also looked into buying a splitter, but they are quite expensive and it turns out that 1 splitter won't be able to support 2x144Hz monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.