[SOLVED] 4 Beeps, Computer still starts and runs normally

Jan 5, 2020
[solved: radeon software gaming settings was the culprit, turned off anti-lag and chill settings, beeping gone] The 4 beeps are usually in some kind of scale where each beep goes up in pitch and results in a nice tune. Searching online says the 4 beeps mean "System Timer failure: Timer 1 on the mainboard does not work properly", I've been told to reinstalled my RAM (1 total) but the beeps continue. I'm not sure what else to do other than replace hardware.

Beeps often occurs during gaming, or when my ram usage is high.

Things i've also tried doing:
  • Updating hardware
  • sfc /scannow
  • chkdsk /r
  • chkdsk d /r (in progress)
  • cleaning dust from pc
CPU: AMD ryzen 5
Motherboard: B350m bazooka (ms-7a38)
Ram: 8 gb ddr4 sdram team group
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST3000DM001 3TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5"
GPU: Radeon RX 580 4 gb
PSU: channel well technology gpt500s-a 500 watt
Chassis: Carbide Series™ SPEC-04 Mid-Tower Gaming Case (but instead of corsair logo its cyberpowerpc)

Last edited:
Solution
update: no problems with pc... it was radeon software. went into graphics -> gaming -> turned off Radeon Anti-lag and Radeon Chill.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums!

You should ideally list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature.

Include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You might also want to inspect the CPU socket for bent/broken pins in case you built the system that's been beeping on you.

Jan 5, 2020
Welcome to the forums!

You should ideally list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature.

Include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You might also want to inspect the CPU socket for bent/broken pins in case you built the system that's been beeping on you.

Thank you!
I've listed the specs on the original post, thanks for that aswell.
This actually came pre-built and is a little over a year old, I'll definitely check for BIOS updates first thing tomorrow.

Jan 5, 2020
Are you sure it's coming from your PC and not something else? I saw someone having 4 beeps like you while gaming and it was his battery backup unit.
LOL! That must've driven him crazy. Unfortunately no, I hear the beeps from my ear buds. I'm also pretty sure I'm able to recreate the beeps every time upon loading into a League of Legends game/opening a lot of chrome tabs.

check your cpu temps? might be the motherboard alarm for temp or fan failure?

The 4 beeps are usually in some kind of scale where each beep goes up in pitch and results in a nice tune. Searching online says the 4 beeps mean "System Timer failure: Timer 1 on the mainboard does not work properly", I've been told to reinstalled my RAM (1 total) but the beeps continue. I'm not sure what else to do other than replace hardware.

Beeps often occurs during gaming, or when my ram usage is high.

Things i've also tried doing:
  • Updating hardware
  • sfc /scannow
  • chkdsk /r
  • chkdsk d /r (in progress)
  • cleaning dust from pc
CPU: AMD ryzen 5
Motherboard: B350m bazooka (ms-7a38)
Ram: 8 gb ddr4 sdram team group
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST3000DM001 3TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5"
GPU: Radeon RX 580 4 gb
PSU: channel well technology gpt500s-a 500 watt
Chassis: Carbide Series™ SPEC-04 Mid-Tower Gaming Case (but instead of corsair logo its cyberpowerpc)

Jan 5, 2020
update: no problems with pc... it was radeon software. went into graphics -> gaming -> turned off Radeon Anti-lag and Radeon Chill.

Solution