Question 4 gb ram not working on zebronics g45 motherboard

Sep 5, 2019
I have 2GB DDR2 RAM on my system but system was 3 year old I tried to update my system by adding 2GB of of DDR2 RAM but it does not detect my RAM how should I solve my problem please help my system specs are are Intel Core 2 Duo 4300 motherboard Zebronics 945 Ram hynix 2GB DDR2 PSU 450 watt that's all

Wolfshadw

Titan
Remove the known good RAM module and try to boot the system.
If the system fails to boot, shut it down and move the new RAM module to the other RAM slot and try to boot the system.
If the system fails to boot, the new RAM module is faulty. If the system boots, then the second RAM slot is faulty.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

lynx1021

Distinguished
I am not sure about DDR2 but the 775 socket boards with DDR3 required low density DDR3. Crucial does not list your board, Best to get the numbers of the one that is working and buy a match to it. May find on eBay.
Yes I thought so, has to have chips on both sides, If you can find some Kingston KVR667D2N5/2G the are supposed to work, Get a pair if you can find them.

Last edited:
Can
my
motherboard
can
support
4 gb ram
That would entirely depend on what chipset it has.

If your motherboard has G45 like you listed in the title, then it supports up to 16GB of DDR2.

If your motherboard has 945GC like you suggest by "945" in the OP, then it only supports 2GB.

So which is the truth? There's a huge difference between those two chipsets, which were made three years apart. One supports only Dual-Core and the other can accept Quads too.